Will Azbox tune CBC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clay_horton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
I am thinking of buying an Azbox since the future of 4DTV is in doubt. Will an Azbox tune CBC?

I am thinking of buying an Azbox since the future of 4DTV is in doubt. Will an Azbox tune CBC?

The answer is no. CBC is encrypted as 4:2:2 Videoguard so it won't get it. Maybe just the sound but def not the video

The answer is no. CBC is encrypted as 4:2:2 Videoguard so it won't get it. Maybe just the sound but def not the video

I thought that the issue with CBC was that it was Trellis 8PSK, and you couldn't even lock the transponders with ANY consumer affordable receiver. I have seen reports that it's encrypted too, although that hardly seems necessary if no-one can lock the transponders anyway. Or is there a way to tune these transponders that I'm not aware of???

I thought that the issue with CBC was that it was Trellis 8PSK, and you couldn't even lock the transponders with ANY consumer affordable receiver. I have seen reports that it's encrypted too, although that hardly seems necessary if no-one can lock the transponders anyway. Or is there a way to tune these transponders that I'm not aware of???

You are right, it is Trellis 8PSK, the last time I looked (granted this was 2 years ago) they were still encrypted, the Alteia is collecting dust as they are not many trellis 8PSK feeds left. Might have to take it out of retirement and check lol

You are right, it is Trellis 8PSK, the last time I looked (granted this was 2 years ago) they were still encrypted, the Alteia is collecting dust as they are not many trellis 8PSK feeds left. Might have to take it out of retirement and check lol

Doesn't the big FOX use Trellis? Do they also encrypt?

Doesn't the big FOX use Trellis? Do they also encrypt?

I thought that FOX used to be Trellis. At least I wasn't able to lock them. However recently, I've been able to lock some DVB-S2 channels that I *THINK* are FOX, although they are encrypted, and are set up in an ATSC/General Instruments setup rather than the regular DVB type setup, and thus don't have an NIT with identifying network info, so I'm not positive that they are indeed FOX transponders, but I THINK they are FOX. Anyway, I think they at least have some DVB-S2 transponders now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)