Will Dish Anywhere ever work with Duo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You would need a separate Sling Box.

By not building in Sling, they achieve two things:

1. STB is cheaper to build.
2. Product differentiation.

If you want Sling built in, you must upgrade to the HWS. If you want Sling built in, AND to retain your sanity and remain calm, you need to upgrade to the H3.

I have the HWS and Dish Anywhere has been less than great to use. Are you saying that if I upgraded to the H3 I would have a better experience?

I believe the H3 has faster overall response.

I use DA five days a week with my HWSes. It works pretty good, just not as fast as if I was sitting in front of the TV, remote in hand.

My one suggestion for using DA is, when you 30 second skip ahead, don’t go too fast. And let it catch up after 3-4 presses before going on.

I have not been able to get the Dish Anywhere website to work for me to manage timers and recordings for months. The Android and iOS apps work just fine. I think this is the answer the OP is looking for.

Yes, I've always been able to do it with my 722 (no sling adapter). Only this year had the website stopped working for me.

Perhaps it doesn't work with the wally or 211 due to it not being a true DVR with a built-in hard drive. I would think it would work with a Duo, using the app.

Yes, I've always been able to do it with my 722 (no sling adapter). Only this year had the website stopped working for me.

Perhaps it doesn't work with the wally or 211 due to it not being a true DVR with a built-in hard drive. I would think it would work with a Duo, using the app.
That was my thinking as well.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

I just set a timer on my 722 from my work PC. What exactly stopped working this year?

I just skipped a recording from the website. Just last month it wasn't working for me. It gave me an "authorization denied" message before. Hmmm.

Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe they removed that chipset.

No, it's still there- Dish said in early 2017 that it's a feature for future implementation, but their techs are (were) fully immersed with dealing with all of the programming guide issues created by the Rovi listings, and that the functionality is on the back burner.

Reactions: glynnp
No, it's still there- Dish said in early 2017 that it's a feature for future implementation, but their techs are (were) fully immersed with dealing with all of the programming guide issues created by the Rovi listings, and that the functionality is on the back burner.

Awesome !!

Box would only be required if you are trying to watch your DVR recordings or live tv remotely.

Hopper3 and HWS (Hopper with Sling) don't need a box either, the functionality is built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts