Will dish carry this channel??? (NFL Red Zone)

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Just curious about if Dish network will offer the nfl red zone channel or if they are in disucssions to do so???

Thanks in advance

probably tie it to ST or something stupid...than all the sportsgeeks can start bashing E* again as if its there fault...

There was rumors a while back about NFL Network and ESPN Classic merging into one channel so that the NFL could use ESPN's muscle to push it's way onto all cable networks. Since that hasn't happened yet I wonder if ESPN Classic will switch over to "Redzone TV" on Sundays, then back to its regularly schedule programming the other 6 1/2 days of the week.

I have a hard time wanting a particular channel when there are at least three channels which constantly scroll the information on the screen and have highlights of anything going on that matters throughout the day.

I don't mind if Dish adds it...as long as they put it up there with all the other religious channels in the 260 range! ;)

I thought the "redzone" channel was on the NFL network on game day sundays..well atleast the sirius radio portion is

From what I gather, Red Zone is a channel offered on Direct as part of the NFL package. It only is on during Sunday and has the "best plays" showing all the TDs and great plays during the day in HD. It has the Sirius radio feed. I first saw an ad during a preseason game yesterday on the NFL Network. Now, the NFL network is offering it to all the other providers and according to what I am reading here, it is the channel most who have the NFL ticket watch and so far only Comcast has picked it up. WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS ON DISH, would make not having NFL ticket not so much of a big deal.

NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

NFL's new RedZone channel won't be seen by most

Directv will not have this channel either, their redzone channel is tied to superfan. If the NFL were smart, they would put this on the regular NFL channel on Sunday afternoon. It will be the NFL's fault if we don't get this channel not Charlie's or Directv's.

Directv will not have this channel either, their redzone channel is tied to superfan. If the NFL were smart, they would put this on the regular NFL channel on Sunday afternoon. It will be the NFL's fault if we don't get this channel not Charlie's or Directv's.

They already have a buyer for it, which means a contract, which means that it won't be part of the NFL channel most likely because it would breech that contract.

They already have a buyer for it, which means a contract, which means that it won't be part of the NFL channel most likely because it would breech that contract.
All of what you say is true but you can't blame any content provider for not wanting to carry a channel that will only show new content for 6 hours one day a week for 17 weeks and then wanting 60 cents a sub for it. If the NFL wanted eyes to see it and add value to the NFL channel thats where they would have put it. As it is, they let greed take over and comcast is the only fool to fall for it. If this was packaged with the NFL channel, maybe they could get most providers to buy it. But, as it is they can't even get most carriers to buy a channel that shows 8 live games a year. All because of greed.

All of what you say is true but you can't blame any content provider for not wanting to carry a channel that will only show new content for 6 hours one day a week for 17 weeks and then wanting 60 cents a sub for it. If the NFL wanted eyes to see it and add value to the NFL channel thats where they would have put it. As it is, they let greed take over and comcast is the only fool to fall for it. If this was packaged with the NFL channel, maybe they could get most providers to buy it. But, as it is they can't even get most carriers to buy a channel that shows 8 live games a year. All because of greed.

You can look at it that way. Or you can look at it as a way to stave off the thousands that go yearly with Direct or switch to Direct simply over NFL Sunday Ticket. Its spending money to make/save money. I spend a heck of a lot at Dish, thousands since I have become a subscriber. Come renew time, Comcast and Direct will get a serious look and Dish not carrying this along with ESPNU are all part of what I will be assessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)