Will dish carry this channel??? (NFL Red Zone)

And what would you expect to hear about DirecTV in a Dish retailer chat?:)

Good question. ;) :) Just wondering, since DirecTV is so secretive about everything. I wouldn't expect them to carry this as it would compete against their subscription based NFL Sunday Ticket & Redzone, but I'm still holding out hope....

Good question. ;) :) Just wondering, since DirecTV is so secretive about everything. I wouldn't expect them to carry this as it would compete against their subscription based NFL Sunday Ticket & Redzone, but I'm still holding out hope....

They should. If not, people only interested in the Red Zone might opt to save money. If DirecTV lacks it as a separate option, they will have nowhere to go but Dish or Comcast. If they offer it, more will be apt stick with DirecTV.

Of course, I wouldn't expect our Browns to be frequently featured on the Red Zone channel. Well, maybe we will see them get score on, but not score.

I agree with the thought in the Endgadget article:

"There is just something fundamentally wrong about a full time cable channel that only broadcasts 119 hours out of the 8760 hours a year. This is especially true when you realize that this is the very same 119 hours a year when the existing NFL Network broadcasts almost nothing at all. There simply is no other reason then pure greed to have two separate NFL channels."
A lot of providers do this. Direct has a part-time game only MLBNet Alternative Channel as well as one for NESN as well, in both SD and HD. It does not take up any more bandwidth because they simply turn off one of the PPV channels the few hours they need to turn on the alternative or part-time channel.

Dish can do the same. Instead of wasting bandwidth on another channel, they just need to temperately switch a PPV channel to the Red Zone channel for the few hours, one day a week it is needed. They will probably have more viewers than they would for that particular PPV channel anyway.

you have to pay 5.99 for the multisports package just to get this? Are you nuts!
Obviously I wish there wasn't an additional charge, but I think $24 for the NFL season is well worth it. I'm pumped that Dish is actually on the ball for a change when it comes to Sports

Obviously I wish there wasn't an additional charge, but I think $24 for the NFL season is well worth it. I'm pumped that Dish is actually on the ball for a change when it comes to Sports

Yeah, I have the multi-sport package anyway, so this is a bonus for me! It beats having to pay the 12 or 13 dollars that Directv sells their multi-sport package for!

Does the sports pack have any other channels that aren't included in gold programming (besides blacked out rsn's)?

where I am I had to add the multi sports package to get Big Ten Network so having already subscribed to the package glad to see NFL Red Zone is on its way!

OMG thank you Jesus! I get the Multi Sports during football season. It has the Sun Network for those not in Fl. It has Big Ten HD, an awesome channel that shows all kind of Big Ten Sports in HD, and what is cool is that it has the school commercials which most are informative and interesting. It has the Madison Sq Gardens channel. And it has not only Fox regionals but weirdly, it has some of the Comcast regionals. There is also a soccer channel. Most of the regionals have HD feed, but dont always have programming. And for some strange reason, I am only getting charged $4.25 for it.

you have to pay 5.99 for the multisports package just to get this? Are you nuts!

I was thinking of getting Comcast on one of my TVs for this, 5.99 is a bargain. Do you realize what "this" is? Its LIVE feeds of teams in the Red Zone, one after another, and if no one is in the Red Zone, they switch to a game where the ball is moving. Whoever thought of this needs a Nobel Prize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts