Will DTV remote operate a Samsung soundbar?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I have a Samsung HW-C450 soundbar. Does anyone have this and operate it with their DTV remote? What device code would you use? I need the DTV remote to operate the soundbar for volume. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I have that soundbar connected to my Samsung LED TV. I didn't have to do anything different since the DirecTV remote was set up to control the TV's volume.

I have the same equipment as jdspencer. My DTV remote controls the television set volume which results in an echo with the soundbar audio. The echo is eliminated by setting the television volume to zero. My soundbar is linked to the television via a digital optical cable. I am forced to use the soundbar remote to control the soundbar volume. Maybe I`m doing something wrong....... I`d like to be able to control the soundbar volume from my DTV remote.
Has anyone figured out how to get the soundbar menu functions displayed on the television screen. I`m having to look at the soundbar display every time I make a change.

I have the same equipment as jdspencer. My DTV remote controls the television set volume which results in an echo with the soundbar audio. The echo is eliminated by setting the television volume to zero. My soundbar is linked to the television via a digital optical cable. I am forced to use the soundbar remote to control the soundbar volume. Maybe I`m doing something wrong....... I`d like to be able to control the soundbar volume from my DTV remote.
Has anyone figured out how to get the soundbar menu functions displayed on the television screen. I`m having to look at the soundbar display every time I make a change.

That is what I have been reading that the DTV remote does both the TV and the Soundbar volume at the same time which causes the echo problem. There has to be a way to use a code for the soundbar for volume. I love the soundbar but I do not want to use 2 remotes for something that simple.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)