Will HDTV OTA work without a sub?

GnatGoSplat

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
I'm looking for an OTA HDTV receiver to receive ATSC broadcasts. I've been looking on Ebay, and I found that it costs quite a bit less to buy a brand new Motorola 550 receiver than an OTA-only HDTV receiver. I am not interested right now to subscribe to Voom right now. Is it possible to use this (or any) Voom receiver for OTA only without a subscription? Will I also be able to receive NTSC channels as well?

There are some people who have terminated Voom, but report that they can still use the STB as an OTA receiver. LOBO2999 is one who has reported that he is able to do this. If you search his posts, you'll see what I mean. I'm not sure about NTSC, but if PM LOBO2999 he will probably respond. He's an active forum member and a reasonable guy.

The Stone Man said:
There are some people who have terminated Voom, but report that they can still use the STB as an OTA receiver. LOBO2999 is one who has reported that he is able to do this. If you search his posts, you'll see what I mean. I'm not sure about NTSC, but if PM LOBO2999 he will probably respond. He's an active forum member and a reasonable guy.
The Voom box doesn't receive NTSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts