Will I be able to get NSS806 with a 120cm dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drapati

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
Question: I have an 120cm dish that is no longer being used. What do you think are my chances (NYC area) of getting a decent signal from NSS806, 3630-L, DVB-S? I will be using a DMS BSC621 C/KU Band LNBF with dielectric plate and a WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring Kit with LNBF Holder. I thought I should ask before I spend the time and effort...

the chart shows 40.5 dbmW EIRP. I did not realize the dielectric cuts signal by half (3db). That would imply 37.5 effective EIRP. Thanks for your reply.

A good 1.8 meter (180cm - 6 foot) dish can do as low as 37dBW. But I'd recommend larger. A good 10 footer can go around as low as 31~ dBW, which gives you some room to spare.

Here's an idea:

Some early model Dish Ku LNBFs had a tiny dilectric plate to recover circular signals.
Later models have a cast-in graduated mechanical step inside the feed.
Not sure how accurate it would have to be for C band, after seeing inside the Ku LNBFs.
If you had the dimensions or calculations, I think it would be easy to make the part with a file.
Could probably mount it in side the throat with epoxy, or even that cyanoacrylate instant glue.

Probably worth a discussion.

I am using a 5.9 KTI dish to receive ERT World on NSS 806 . DMS C-Band LNBF with a dilectric plate Traxis 3500.

Signal, 69
Quality, 65

Playing fine with no break ups.

Drapati, pou menis Ameriki i ston Kanada.

I am using a 5.9 KTI dish to receive ERT World on NSS 806 . DMS C-Band LNBF with a dilectric plate Traxis 3500.

Signal, 69
Quality, 65

Playing fine with no break ups.

Drapati, pou menis Ameriki i ston Kanada.

That's a prime focus dish, correct? OP was going to try using a 1.2m ku off-set from the sounds of things. Sadoun has some nice 6 footer prime focus polar mount dishes still on sale ($149 + ship) , and they aren't that bad. Hypermegasat has some 6 footer fixed dishes for $119 + ship that are good also. Personally, I'd spend the extra $30 for the polar mount version. So, for a couple $100, he could be in business. Or, if he scouts out a local freebie dish, it could be even cheaper.

KTI 5.9 mash dish for NSS 806, using a 1.2m for 806 ??? try and see if you can get a signal.

KTI 6 FOOT.jpgKTI 6FT 02.jpg

Last edited:
Question: I have an 120cm dish that is no longer being used. What do you think are my chances (NYC area) of getting a decent signal from NSS806, 3630-L, DVB-S? I will be using a DMS BSC621 C/KU Band LNBF with dielectric plate and a WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring Kit with LNBF Holder. I thought I should ask before I spend the time and effort...
For NSS806 I recommend to you to use at least 1.8 mts in USA.. With LNB /Dielectric plate you can get around 55 Free Channels around 85% of the Lyngsat List Channels with Firm antenna (No Moved)well installed,..You will get border signals but enough to watch TV..I think that 1.2 is to small

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)