Will I be able to get NSS806 with a 120cm dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drapati

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
Question: I have an 120cm dish that is no longer being used. What do you think are my chances (NYC area) of getting a decent signal from NSS806, 3630-L, DVB-S? I will be using a DMS BSC621 C/KU Band LNBF with dielectric plate and a WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring Kit with LNBF Holder. I thought I should ask before I spend the time and effort...

the chart shows 40.5 dbmW EIRP. I did not realize the dielectric cuts signal by half (3db). That would imply 37.5 effective EIRP. Thanks for your reply.

A good 1.8 meter (180cm - 6 foot) dish can do as low as 37dBW. But I'd recommend larger. A good 10 footer can go around as low as 31~ dBW, which gives you some room to spare.

Here's an idea:

Some early model Dish Ku LNBFs had a tiny dilectric plate to recover circular signals.
Later models have a cast-in graduated mechanical step inside the feed.
Not sure how accurate it would have to be for C band, after seeing inside the Ku LNBFs.
If you had the dimensions or calculations, I think it would be easy to make the part with a file.
Could probably mount it in side the throat with epoxy, or even that cyanoacrylate instant glue.

Probably worth a discussion.

I am using a 5.9 KTI dish to receive ERT World on NSS 806 . DMS C-Band LNBF with a dilectric plate Traxis 3500.

Signal, 69
Quality, 65

Playing fine with no break ups.

Drapati, pou menis Ameriki i ston Kanada.

I am using a 5.9 KTI dish to receive ERT World on NSS 806 . DMS C-Band LNBF with a dilectric plate Traxis 3500.

Signal, 69
Quality, 65

Playing fine with no break ups.

Drapati, pou menis Ameriki i ston Kanada.

That's a prime focus dish, correct? OP was going to try using a 1.2m ku off-set from the sounds of things. Sadoun has some nice 6 footer prime focus polar mount dishes still on sale ($149 + ship) , and they aren't that bad. Hypermegasat has some 6 footer fixed dishes for $119 + ship that are good also. Personally, I'd spend the extra $30 for the polar mount version. So, for a couple $100, he could be in business. Or, if he scouts out a local freebie dish, it could be even cheaper.

KTI 5.9 mash dish for NSS 806, using a 1.2m for 806 ??? try and see if you can get a signal.

KTI 6 FOOT.jpgKTI 6FT 02.jpg

Last edited:
Question: I have an 120cm dish that is no longer being used. What do you think are my chances (NYC area) of getting a decent signal from NSS806, 3630-L, DVB-S? I will be using a DMS BSC621 C/KU Band LNBF with dielectric plate and a WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring Kit with LNBF Holder. I thought I should ask before I spend the time and effort...
For NSS806 I recommend to you to use at least 1.8 mts in USA.. With LNB /Dielectric plate you can get around 55 Free Channels around 85% of the Lyngsat List Channels with Firm antenna (No Moved)well installed,..You will get border signals but enough to watch TV..I think that 1.2 is to small

Status
Please reply by conversation.