Will installer install antenna?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sady

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Massachusetts
Will installer install antenna (if I buy) and will I be able to get locals in HD? Thanks

I'm sure the installer will install the antenna for a fee. As far as the locals in HD depends on you proximity to the towers from your local stations. I know someone on here knows of a website where you can get the information regarding the signal strenght of your local stations.

Ota

I am fairly close. I have been to antennaweb. My location is dark green for antenna. I have tried one last year for haha's and some stations came in good others didn't, no doubt I need an amplifier. As I see it now, if I get antenna for locals I can receive them in HD. (I have a HD TV) Whats the best low profile antenna out there now? Thanks to all.

If you order form DirecTV you'll probably get some hack installer from their HSP or MSP that will get paid arouind $10.00 to install the antenna, I would suggest callinf a local retailer and seeing what he has to say after you you call DirecTV themselves. Shop around or try to find someone in your area that has the Hi-Def and see what they think.

how to get it

if you order from directv, you should be able to get a high quality installer to assist you with your antenna. the professionals there deal with installing and servicing every conceivable type of home system. where i work only the top teir guys do the high def work, and we get $25 for the antenna, though it is not enough , you should still receive quality work. one thing about the hsp,, they know where, when, and how to find their installers,there is a lot of accountability. i sir take offense to the blanket label of "hack", many of us are extremely educated, highly trained, professional people. and highly accountable, at least at our hsp

rajincajun said:
if you order from directv, you should be able to get a high quality installer to assist you with your antenna. the professionals there deal with installing and servicing every conceivable type of home system. where i work only the top teir guys do the high def work, and we get $25 for the antenna, though it is not enough , you should still receive quality work. one thing about the hsp,, they know where, when, and how to find their installers,there is a lot of accountability. i sir take offense to the blanket label of "hack", many of us are extremely educated, highly trained, professional people. and highly accountable, at least at our hsp
Yes by all means go with Directv's pros :rolleyes: I just followed up on one of their installs, they put the Sensar TV antenna behind the satellite dish so the signal was blocked by the dish's metal surface. They installed an amplified version but didn't connect the power supply for the amplifier,yes they are real pros for TV antenna installation!!! :mad:

wt?

obviously i did not throw any rocks at any of you "independent" installers, as usual a child must throw a rock because of his/her own shortness. i was merely pointing out ,to a customer, that hsp's do have good techs, there are "hacks" in both hsp and independent. ask D* why they are moving everything in-house, aside from the money, you will hear this word, a lot, accountability. the hsp will rid themselves of anyone who is less than adequate, many of whom come in these rooms and throw rocks at others who are 100% professional and damn good at what they do.

rajincajun said:
obviously i did not throw any rocks at any of you "independent" installers, as usual a child must throw a rock because of his/her own shortness. i was merely pointing out ,to a customer, that hsp's do have good techs, there are "hacks" in both hsp and independent. ask D* why they are moving everything in-house, aside from the money, you will hear this word, a lot, accountability. the hsp will rid themselves of anyone who is less than adequate, many of whom come in these rooms and throw rocks at others who are 100% professional and damn good at what they do.

I couldn't agree with you more. That's from another HSP installer.

grydlok said:
I couldn't agree with you more. That's from another HSP installer.
im not an installer at all and I agree... there are some Great folks and sh!tty folks... the one who installed my dish (dish is gone now) system was Top Notch... I tipped him substantially.

The guy who installed my friends D* system was Excellent as well... so far im 2/2 techs.

rajincajun said:

This guy is right. I am an independent installer and I have seen bad jobs by both the hsp's and other independent's.

HOWEVER, The hsp were I live will just about hire anyone who has a drivers licence. I do know a couple of good ones down there but it goes though installers like hot cakes.

Bellsouth installed my dual lnb dish, signal averaged 84-86, no drip loop, etc, so I ordered a triple lnb directly from directv, directv came out this time, a noticable difference in professionlism and they fixed that the first guy didn't do right, now my signal averages(adding the minimum-maximum signals on all transponders, then dividing the min-max by the total # of transponders) 93-94 on 101 and 95-100s on 119 and 95s on 110, the guy peaked the dish in literally less then a minute. BTW, he showed me a new dish in the back of the van (unopened :\), 86cm I think he said it was..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts