Will manual timers ever be available on the newer units?

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Greetings!

I'm sill using my 622 that I've had for a number of years now. I was interested in the 922, however the fact it never got an option for manual timers prevented me from actually getting one. I've not seen anything about this on the new Hopper unit, does it have manual timers or is it just "click in the guide"?

I use manual timers quite often w/ CBS and the overrun of sporting events on Sunday evenings. I also ran into needing a manual timer for the Daytona 500 back in February where it was run on a Monday night. The guide, obviously, cannot be updated that quickly and without being able to set a manual timer for 7pm to midnight, i would've had to set 5 different timers for what was actually in the guide with 5 different recordings for one program...

Thanks!

The only way to set manual timers on the 922 is online using dishonline. It is stupid to me and I hated having to do this to set a timer on the receiver. As for the hopper , I 'm not sure if you can do it online ,because no one has reported they could do it yet.

MikeD-C05 said:
The only way to set manual timers on the 922 is online using dishonline. It is stupid to me and I hated having to do this to set a timer on the receiver. As for the hopper , I 'm not sure if you can do it online ,because no one has reported they could do it yet.

Has any one been able to set a manual timer for the hopper and if so could you share how?