Will MRV Echo Programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
The main reason I bit the bullet and got MRV was to echo real-time what my honey was watching in the living room in my den. I doesn't seem to be able to do this. Am I correct or am I missing something?

MRV does not echo programming. The same programming is available on every HD receiver or DVR on the same account. You can watch the same program if it's being recorded in the other room, or watch it live. You can recorded content off any MRV enabled DVR. MRV doesn't duplicate programming, it allows access of recorded content off any MRV DVR from any room with a MRV enabled receiver.

To split the signal and retain HD, I would have to go HDMI. I see splitters and long cables are available.

Can the HDMI of an HR24 be split and run 75' to 100"?

To split the signal and retain HD, I would have to go HDMI. I see splitters and long cables are available.

Can the HDMI of an HR24 be split and run 75' to 100"?

Do they make HDMI cables that long? You could run component video for that distance. Both component and HDMI outputs are active at the same time, so you could easily run both.

If I ran component, I would have to run audio too. That would require another long digital coax or optical.

It looks like you can do HDMI over Cat5. Maybe that's the way to go.

What is the point when you can watch whatever you want on any receiver?

What is the point when you can watch whatever you want on any receiver?

You cannot watch the same recorded show synced in time at different locations.

Or said another way. My honey is watching a recorded show on Receiver 1. I want to watch the same show at the same place in time on Receiver 2. MRV will not let me do this. I can watch it but not a duplicate of what she is seeing.

Last edited:
You cannot watch the same recorded show synced in time at different locations.

Or said another way. My honey is watching a recorded show on Receiver 1. I want to watch the same show at the same place in time on Receiver 2. MRV will not let me do this. I can watch it but not a duplicate of what she is seeing.
I'm not sure if that is possible or not, I don't use MRV. However, I'm not sure if splitting the signal that far is a great idea. Do you mind if I ask why you can't watch the same show together since you plan on watching it at the same time?

Seems I am having problems articulating this. Sure we can watch LIVE programming at the same time. We want to watch RECORDED programs at the same time. My honey starts a recording on our HR24. I want to join in our H24in my den. MRV will not do this so I am looking for options.

My MRV setup can do this just fine. Never had to do anything special. However, asking again; if you are just gonna watch the same recorded show, why not just watch in the same room?

Same issue here. We have coordinated our recordings so we only record once to conserve disk space and can record more shows at the same time. So a show gets recorded on the DVR in the bedroom, and now resides on that DVR. Then the wife starts playback in the family room while I am in the office catching up on some work. I want to turn the show on while I'm working, but MRV only allows one other receiver to access the bedroom DVR. Therefore I'm locked out of the show until she's finished watching. I wish there was an option to just have my receiver mirror what the other is watching. You'd think there is a way, since I can still watch something stored on the DVR my wife is using to watch the show recorded on the other DVR.

Last edited:
My MRV setup can do this just fine. Never had to do anything special. However, asking again; if you are just gonna watch the same recorded show, why not just watch in the same room?

Mine won't. It will allow watching the same recording from different rooms but will not echo, sync, or mirror the content. I can select "resume" on the second receiver and is the ballpark.

Why? Sometimes I want to multi-task and play in my office while watching what she is watching in the other room.

Mine won't. It will allow watching the same recording from different rooms but will not echo, sync, or mirror the content. I can select "resume" on the second receiver and is the ballpark.

Why? Sometimes I want to multi-task and play in my office while watching what she is watching in the other room.

You are right, it will play the same recording, but they will not be synced exactly the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.