Will receiver at new house instantly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dad004

Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Chelsea, AL
My in-laws just bought a house that already has a Directv Dish. Assuming that everything is wired correctly, if I take one of my receivers to the house, will it work?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Maybe. If the new dish isn't a swm type and you have an H25 or HR34 it won't work. If you have an hd box and they have an older dish you may not get hd channels. Other than that it should be fine. You may not get local channels if you are more than a couple hundred miles from your home. That number is quite variable, BTW.

Maybe Kevin. If he is bringing it to the other house with no one at his place watching, then it's basically no harm, no foul.

Which is the case. This is a beach house, so when we would be there, no one would be at our house. It's not an SWM dish, and the box is not HD. Sounds like it should work right? When the previous owners cancelled Directv, the dish is still picking up the signal, there's just no boxes in the house. Is that how it works?

dad004 said:
Which is the case. This is a beach house, so when we would be there, no one would be at our house. It's not an SWM dish, and the box is not HD. Sounds like it should work right? When the previous owners cancelled Directv, the dish is still picking up the signal, there's just no boxes in the house. Is that how it works?

Yup, just need to make sure that the line your hooking up is connected to the dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts