Will Rogers Sportsnet ONE network be viewable on DTV CI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sportsnet One is going to carry the game of the Canucks, Oilers, Flames and Sens that were PPV in previous years.

I assume that NHL CI will have an agreement with them but if not you have the visiting team feed ;)

Now I wish they would get RSN1 on something other than Rogers...wouldnt mind it on my Shaw Direct setup :)

Sportsnet One is going to carry the game of the Canucks, Oilers, Flames and Sens that were PPV in previous years.

I assume that NHL CI will have an agreement with them but if not you have the visiting team feed ;)

Now I wish they would get RSN1 on something other than Rogers...wouldnt mind it on my Shaw Direct setup :)

You probably know as well as I do that most Canadian feeds in terms of knowledge of the game, production and overall hockey sense exceed those of the Fox brand and sometimes even CSN.

I'm excited that we don't have THE WORST PICTURE QUALITY ever in those PPV games. The inside the locker room stuff was cool, but you could barely make anything out on a 42".

Stinks that you can't get it on Shaw. What's the point?

Oh also, one of the funniest moments in hockey was when Theo Fleury did guest color commentary on the Flames PPV. Made no sense half the time while talking, it was a circus! Think it was two years ago. I guess we'll miss those moments too.

Also on NHL CI did WGN ever show on it? HD? WGN (Chicago feed) is a full network in Canada and some times it's shows up on NHL CI in canada.

Stinks that you can't get it on Shaw. What's the point?

Rogers is the only one who has it....and since they own RSN1 of course they'd get it

They're playing hardball with everyone else...Shaw, Bell, Telus, MTS, Videotron, etc

I was pissed when they moved Jays games from RSN to RSN1

Also on NHL CI did WGN ever show on it? HD? WGN (Chicago feed) is a full network in Canada and some times it's shows up on NHL CI in canada.

Yes, a few times a year the Hawks will be on WGN. However until this baseball season, WGN has been in SD on Directv. So this year I presume we'll be seeing Hawks on WGN HD as well.

Only thing that's throwing me off is if I goto my MLB EI channels, the Cubs game that's aired on WGN HD on 307 is only available in SD in the package.

So it seems like you need to be a subscriber to some other tier pacakage outside of EI to get it in HD.

Hope that makes sense! :confused:

Yes, a few times a year the Hawks will be on WGN. However until this baseball season, WGN has been in SD on Directv. So this year I presume we'll be seeing Hawks on WGN HD as well.

Only thing that's throwing me off is if I goto my MLB EI channels, the Cubs game that's aired on WGN HD on 307 is only available in SD in the package.

So it seems like you need to be a subscriber to some other tier pacakage outside of EI to get it in HD.

Hope that makes sense! :confused:
The blackhawks are not on wgn America and the MLB EI uses WGN America.

Only a very few wgn games are Chicago only some of the bulls games are Chicago only as well. WCIU games may show on MLB EI / NBA LP with they are the only feed.

canada uses WGN (Chicago feed for WGN there) and it's shows up on NHL CI canada.

In the pass with PPV game they where only used if there where the only feed.

In past when it came down a game only on WGN or PPV what was used?

What if rogers sport net 1 does not come to NHL CI? or D*

Where there some games only on WGN as in Canada wgn is in just about all systems?

Some teams don't show all games on tv and some of them may be only on WGN.

Last year the Chicago announcers said we welcome viewers on TSN / TSN 2 / rogers like they just used the CSN or WGN feed for the game. I think a few time rogers sports net was talked about as well.

WGN is odd with NHL CI as it's both OTA and a full channel in canada (in the sports packs in most systems) The sports packs there are not the same as the D* sports pack. also wgn canada has no blackouts.

I live in Chicago area but jutting reading / takeing / posting about the team / tv over the pass 2 years is where some of this info came from.

Maybe TSN / rogers like to use WGN / CSN as we do all games in HD.

Last edited:
The blackhawks are not on wgn America and the MLB EI uses WGN America.

Only a very few wgn games are Chicago only some of the bulls games are Chicago only as well. WCIU games may show on MLB EI / NBA LP with they are the only feed.

canada uses WGN (Chicago feed for WGN there) and it's shows up on NHL CI canada.

In the pass with PPV game they where only used if there where the only feed.

In past when it came down a game only on WGN or PPV what was used?

What if rogers sport net 1 does not come to NHL CI? or D*

Where there some games only on WGN as in Canada wgn is in just about all systems?

Some teams don't show all games on tv and some of them may be only on WGN.

Last year the Chicago announcers said we welcome viewers on TSN / TSN 2 / rogers like they just used the CSN or WGN feed for the game. I think a few time rogers sports net was talked about as well.

WGN is odd with NHL CI as it's both OTA and a full channel in canada (in the sports packs in most systems) The sports packs there are not the same as the D* sports pack. also wgn canada has no blackouts.

I live in Chicago area but jutting reading / takeing / posting about the team / tv over the pass 2 years is where some of this info came from.

Maybe TSN / rogers like to use WGN / CSN as we do all games in HD.

Joe, no hard feelings but your post is incredibly tough to read and follow :(

How WGN or WGN America are handled in Canada is a non-issue for me.

Rogers ONE HD is still an unknown for Directv CI. We'll probably find out during the first week of the season.

But what I do know is that up until now all Rogers Sportsnet feeds are in SD except Rogers Ontario for Leafs games, which was added to CI just this past season. While MLB EI has had it in HD for several years for the Jays.

My guess is that Directv won't pay up for the HD feeds as it's probably the least of their concerns. NHL CI has already been reported the least subscribed of the major sports packages.

Joe, no hard feelings but your post is incredibly tough to read and follow :(

How WGN or WGN America are handled in Canada is a non-issue for me.

Rogers ONE HD is still an unknown for Directv CI. We'll probably find out during the first week of the season.

But what I do know is that up until now all Rogers Sportsnet feeds are in SD except Rogers Ontario for Leafs games, which was added to CI just this past season. While MLB EI has had it in HD for several years for the Jays.

My guess is that Directv won't pay up for the HD feeds as it's probably the least of their concerns. NHL CI has already been reported the least subscribed of the major sports packages.
But after the big ratings boast in the 2009-2010 season that may change.

also about by past one hear a cut down re post

The blackhawks are not on wgn America and the D* MLB EI seems to use WGN America.

Only a very few wgn baseball games are Chicago only. Some of the bulls games are Chicago only as well. WCIU games may show on MLB EI / NBA LP when they are the only feed.

Was PPV games ever on D* nhl CI?

In the past when it came down to a game only being on WGN or PPV what was used?

In the usa some teams don't show all games on tv so what is done then the blackhawks play them and it's on WGN?

WGN is OTA but it is also on WGN OTA is on canada cable and satellite systems. But you can get it from the same place you can get rogers sports net feeds from.

Last year the Chicago announcers said we welcome viewers on TSN / TSN 2 / rogers like they just used the CSN or WGN feed for the game. I think a few times rogers sports net was talked about as well.

Last edited:
Sun, Nov. 7 EDMONTON 6:00 PM WGN and Sportsnet Oilers

(a companion channel to Sportsnet ONE) what feed will be used WGN CW 9? SD? HD? WGN canada feed? sd? HD? Sportsnet ONE? SD? HD? Sportsnet Oilers? SD? HD?

Sun, Dec. 5 CALGARY 6:00 PM WGN and Sportsnet Flames same the last one replace oilers with flames.

Fri, Feb. 4 at Vancouver 9:00 PM WGN and TSN. what feed will be used WGN OR TSN? SD HD?

Sat, Mar. 5 at Toronto 6:00 PM WGN and CBC what feed will be used WGN or CBC SD? HD?

Blackhawks games will never be on WGN America due to the contract the NHL has with Vs/NBC.

Blackhawks games on WGN are only weekend games too. They do not do any games that are on during the week. This is how it was last season and who knows if it'll change this season, but I'm pretty sure it's staying the same.

Blackhawks games will never be on WGN America due to the contract the NHL has with Vs/NBC.

Blackhawks games on WGN are only weekend games too. They do not do any games that are on during the week. This is how it was last season and who knows if it'll change this season, but I'm pretty sure it's staying the same.
But they do show up on WGN in Canada and in past PPV games did not show on NHL CI (only used if only feed) but the new sports net 1 seems to have picked the old ppv games.

But WGN does show up on NHI CI Canada.
But what feed will be used on D* as rogers seems to playing hardball with sports net 1 and non rogers systems.

Seeing how WGN is OTA but is also on shaw broadcast services same place where the other rogers sports nets come from. But sports net 1 does not seem to be on shaw broadcast services.

Now if D* where to use wgn where would they get it from shaw broadcast services or just up link wgn from the Chicago Local Receive Facilities?

WGN 9 is the only option that is authorized in Canada (just like WPCH formerly WTBS)...the "Superstation" version is not authorized there.

D* would probably use the OTA option (WGN9) or there might be a feed. I know the MN Wild use OTA a lot (25 games or so) and there are feeds out there for D* to grab

If the Blue Jays are any indication,they might not show any of the Sportsnet ONE games on NHL CI. MLB EI never showed any of the Blue Jays games broadcasted on Sportsnet ONE,the only way I saw any of THOSE games was on mlb.tv. Unless Sportsnet ONE has made a deal with NHL CI,the only way you might be able to view these games is online with NHL Gamecenter LIVE.

If the Blue Jays are any indication,they might not show any of the Sportsnet ONE games on NHL CI. MLB EI never showed any of the Blue Jays games broadcasted on Sportsnet ONE,the only way I saw any of THOSE games was on mlb.tv. Unless Sportsnet ONE has made a deal with NHL CI,the only way you might be able to view these games is online with NHL Gamecenter LIVE.

Yes, this is very true. Each time the Jays are on, their slotted channel for their feed is just a Directv logo. I can only assume it's because it's being aired on Sportsnet One. This does spell bad news for CI - would be nice if the CI people would be more vocal about these strategic issue to their customers. Makes me wish I worked for them.

but not to me :(

#Shaw launches #SportsnetOne to Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton! HD225 & SD159. Other areas TBA

I'm in Ontario

edit: thats Shaw Cable not Shaw Direct :(

but not to me :(

#Shaw launches #SportsnetOne to Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton! HD225 & SD159. Other areas TBA

I'm in Ontario

edit: thats Shaw Cable not Shaw Direct :(

:( Either way, at least it's getting some activity. Now Directv needs to jump on!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts