Will skyangel offer discount

SKy angel CS rep told me they are "considering" a discount/offer and that it has been "discussed".

I take it to mean that if they don't get enough lifetimers who sign up with the current offer they will then offer a discount. Really the same move they did with the lifetimers, if they need $/more subs then offer a "deal".

As a lifetimer I have had no offer, in fact (like most ) have yet to receive official notice that my dbs/lifetime will be discontinued.

I am holding out for DISH to make us an offer as upgrading to high speed plus new equipment is ridiculous, in my opinion. Most of us have working DISH equipment already. PLUS they usually offer free equipment with a minimum sign up.

I also have received no official notice that SA is abandoning our partnership in the DBS ministry.

I did receive a notice in the mail. I tore it up. In hindsight I should have kept it and posted the letter, but It's gone.

I got the letter and brochour for the IPTV service last week.

See ya
Tony

I did receive a notice in the mail. I tore it up. In hindsight I should have kept it and posted the letter, but It's gone.

I got the letter and brochour for the IPTV service last week.

See ya
Tony
Strange! Did the letter address the fact that you are a lifetime partner? I received the brochure and there may have even been a generalized letter, but nothing telling me I was being dumped.

The letter I got was telling me that the satellite sevice would end "in the coming months" and the IPTV service would be just ever-so-peachy and I should subscribe to it now. That's when I tore up the letter! :)

See ya
Tony

I think that the simplest solution is for Sky angel to refund the lifetime subscribers (which I am x2) subscription amount or some amount to at least make good. I don't mind subscribing to their packages as they are not too expensive like cable and satellite and they do have better programming than glorystar and not as many channels that my family would not even watch. Why couldn't we petition for that? Aren't any of those petition websites any good for something like this? I don't feel that it would be un-christian to do this.

sa

I emailed them and they claimed they sent something saying satellite was going away. I responded that I was hurt that I had to hear it here first and asked what they were going to do for lifers if anything and they dodged it though I asked repeatedly. They said there was plenty of time and would be in touch. I can only assume either they have not made a final decision or they just don't want to rile up the lifers just yet. Anyway they say they will be in touch. Very disappointing the way they are handling this thing.

CS answer to me

Several months ago, CS told me that there has been a "notice" on the monthly statement about the end of DBS/lifetime since JUNE 2007!!! I stated that as a lifetime member I do NOT receive a monthly statement, never have! I then posted here asking if any lifers get a statement (NO) and if any monthlys have a notice on their bill(again no)

Since then I still have receive no statement, just the flyers advertising IPTV which do NOT state DBS is ending. I truly believe they were designed to be deliberately misleading/confusing.

I believe that they have not yet decided what they will offer. I think they are waiting to see how many voluntarily make the switch. If enough do then they will hope we just go away. if not many switch to IPTV only THEN will they make an "offer".

they are banking on the fact that Christians won't sue a Christian company yet they sued DISH! Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It shouldn't even be an issue as sky angel should have done right from the beginning!

Sky Angel Petition

Dear Readers and sky angel customers,
I have started an online petition for Sky Angel to do good for it's subscribers. Monthly as well as Lifetimers. Please sign the petition by clicking on the following link. Also, please share the link with anyone you know so that we can obtain as many signatures as possible. Thank you and God Bless!

If anyone goes for an IPTV offer be sure to read that fine print because you may be sure that Jr. and his lawyers will refer back to it sometime in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)