Will Snoopy Dance today?

Dish has removed all the 150 HD claims by the end of the year from the website and other places. I think the plans for new HD has been scaled back quite a bit. I bet they are waiting on Ciel-2 to be successfully in orbit, which would be Jan/Feb time frame for a lot of new HD. I am just hoping they throw us a few small bones between now and then.

Dish has removed all the 150 HD claims by the end of the year from the website and other places. I think the plans for new HD has been scaled back quite a bit. I bet they are waiting on Ciel-2 to be successfully in orbit, which would be Jan/Feb time frame for a lot of new HD. I am just hoping they throw us a few small bones between now and then.

Ciel-2 will only have 16 CONUS TPs. I believe that is effectively one more than they have now (given the local HD goes to spot). While Ciel-2 will improve signal, I don't see it as a huge HD boost; just 7 more spaces. Next bandwidth boost I see coming in Echostar 14 to 119, but that's a year or more away.

I'm thinking they might be waiting for Feb. to justify a big price increase, not to mention avoid giving stuff away to us HD Absolute customers.

I was just on the Dish web site and the 'up to 150 hd by the end of the year'
is in the Dish news crawl.
You just have to wait until it crawls around.

Again (and I have posted this before) here is what I know and its everything I know.

I have been told by various Dish Employees that new HD is coming this week. While I have been told this I have not even got a clue to whats coming. But I have been told that our readers will like the new offerings.

I should note that before these Dish employees told me new HD was coming this week I have been "speculating" here at SatelliteGuys the past two weeks that we would see new HD this week.

Here is my reasons again for the speculation.

Dish Network will be releasing its Q3 results on Monday. As you know I work with a lot of retailers, DNS employees and installers and from everything I am hearing was that business was very bad for that quarter, and therefore I expect bad numbers for Dish Networks Q3. Dish has been adding new channels before these announcements to get some positive news out there and bump their stock price before their stock price is really bumped when they announce their numbers. I expect that to happen this time as well.

Also on Monday Night there is a Dish Network Tech Chat, its is there first official chat for the holiday season, I expect them to announce a few things including the new DTVPal DVR which will be available at the end of the month (This was known as the TR-50) in addition the new DishNetwork.COM (I expect Online DVR scheduling to start working on or around Monday) plus a few other things. In addition it would be great promo for customers by starting the show to announce that they added a handfull of new HD channels.

Those are my reasons for speculating on the new channels and why I believe we will see them this week. Now in my own head I don't see the new channels being turned on until Friday thats they way they have been doing them lately.

So you can see we are going on with my speculation combined with what I have been told by contacts inside Dish. And of course this could all be wrong I have been told things in the past which did not happen or were delayed at the last moment.

I should add then when folks from inside Dish tell me things and they don't happen I dont think they are playing games with us or me. I can say that all the folks I have talked with this time around are excited to see that things are picking up and are going to get exciting again.

I guess we could see a clue in todays uplink report. And hopefully it will be more then a clue. I will watch and wait in anticipation with you. :)

And thats what's up.

Probably not. I'm not the Satellite Guru on here by FAR but after being with E* forEVER it seems, with them, you'll see new HD when you see new HD. That's about all ANYONE on here can say, AFAIK..Mr. Obvious has spoken!

I think you're spot on except that instead of "probably not" I'd say "no way to tell".

Scott is a great resource but as even he admits his predictions have been hit and miss. Excellent entertainment and the effort is appreciated but I'm afraid they're just not very precise i.e. new HD may be "coming" but it's anyone's guess as to when. Could just as easily be next year as next week.

Don't forget the 8 HD "PPV" that were uplinked last week that may replace the 110 PPV. All the more signs HD is coming.

Should be an interesting afternoon for Dish. Maybe some HD uplinks, plus the Astra 1M satellite is launching at 3:44 EST. If that is successful, Dish is next up for the launch of Ciel-2.

I hope so.

I can tell you that in speaking with the employees you can feel the excitement in their voice, which is something that has been lacking over the past few months. You can definately tell marale of these guys when you talk to them as much as I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)