Will the 922 work for what I want to do?

Kenny537

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Chicago
I do not know much about this so please bear with me.

I am going to explain my situation to you guys and I hope you can let me know if a 922 will work for me, or if not, what would be an alternative solution.

I have moved out of my parents' house and on to the city for work (Chicago). My parents have DISH services. I now live 50 miles away from my parent's house. My new apartment building is on the 13th floor of a 50 floor building. If I want cable TV.. I have to use RCN (management rule). If I want satellite TV... good luck, because they don't allow any installs on the outside of the building.
I called a bunch of local Dish retailers to see if they will install the dish inside my room.. my windows face the right direction I believe (living room is south, bedroom southwest) - but they still won't do it. I was considering installing it myself but I have no idea what I'm doing.

So I think the 922 may possibly be an alternative solution. From my understanding - here is what it does. It allows you to access your dish service anywhere you go where there is a high speed connection. So this leads me to conclude that I can access my parent's Dish service 50 miles away, as long as I have high speed internet. Is this true? This will save me from paying RCN's horrible prices. My plan is to just purchase high speed internet via AT&T .. 6 mbps for 20$ a month with no contract.

If this is possible - I have a bunch of follow up questions:

- How much will all this cost?
- There are two TVs at my parent's house. I believe there is only one receiver though, so it is a dual receiver. So what happens when I introduce a 3rd TV, 50 miles away, via the 922. Do I need another receiver?

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts