This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Will the Cubs get a playoff spot in 2007?

Will the Cubs get a playoff spot in 2007?

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
The Cubs have been spending money like it is Christmas already.

Soriano $131M
Ramirez $75M
Kerry Wood
Wade Miller

among others and rumor has it that they are in pursuit of J. Schmit (Pitcher).

Will this be enough to get them over the top and finally win a WS?

How about a MAYBE up there.

Lets see who else they aquire.
Will Ramirez still be there come spring ?
Still need Starting Pitching
Wood and Prior are icing on the cake, if they do anything, the Cubs cannot still count on anything from them.

Personally, I would look into making Wood a closer.
WHO will OWN them by spring, that also may make a difference

Jimbo

No, the Cards and Astros are to good in the division.
Plus the Cubs will probable finish below the Pirates again this year coming.

speaking of all things cubs related, read a story in the daytona paper thursday, that one of my all time fave cubbies - JODY DAVIS - will manage the daytona cubs next year. how cool is that? if he would only add mark grace as one of his coaches, i'd buy a season ticket!!!!

No, the Cards and Astros are to good in the division.
Plus the Cubs will probable finish below the Pirates again this year coming.

Let's not forget the Reds. They are the team that is probably going to be the most active and they only have one free agent that they might lose.

Let's not forget the Reds. They are the team that is probably going to be the most active and they only have one free agent that they might lose.

You're right they are a very good team, but they probably need better pitchers to be on the same level as the Cards.

You're right they are a very good team, but they probably need better pitchers to be on the same level as the Cards.

Yes, but the Cards are probably going to lose at lease 2 of their starters maybe more, because if I remember correctly they only have 1 under contract for next year.

looks like the reds might lose david weathers and rich aurillia. they did sign mike stanton and alex gonzales (sp). if their gm can keep finding solid but inexpensive additions, i think they vie for a playoff spot. not sure they could win the central though.......not without a better staring rotation beyond harang and arroyo! unless, homer bailey can win a spot out of spring training.

For me David Weathers can hit the bricks, he sucks. Rich Aurillia though was Mr. Everything and did a great job at the plate too. He would be sorely missed.

i would hate to lose aurillia. that would be almost like losing ryan freel, who has quickly become my favorite red!! the club is hoping they can resign him (aurillia) but i'm not to optimistic right now!!

Yes, but the Cards are probably going to lose at lease 2 of their starters maybe more, because if I remember correctly they only have 1 under contract for next year.

Yes, the Pirates actually think they can get Jeff Suppan. Like thats actually gonna happen.

Who in there right mind would want to play for Pittsburgh.

i would hate to lose aurillia. that would be almost like losing ryan freel, who has quickly become my favorite red!! the club is hoping they can resign him (aurillia) but i'm not to optimistic right now!!

Living in Miami and seeing Gonzales play every day.....if Gonzo has his average season..... .270....10-15 home runs....50-70 RBIs....and the usual steady glove at short...I, being a huge REDS fan.....will forget ANYONE that has been at short in Cincy since Barry Larkin....he is THAT good....:up

He does EVERYTHING you want...makes the everyday play and ALSO the spectacular one. IF the Cardinals do lose a couple of starters as I read earlier...then the Central is a crap shoot and is open to EVERYONE in the division. BUT I must admit, IF Wood and Pryor stay healthy...and get JUST average years from their starting line-up, they are the team to beat in my opinion....but those are alot of IFs even if they are only two.....remember, we ARE talking about the Cubs....and of course, as my buddy Norm once said..."and IF my aunt had balls...she'd be my uncle....":haha

just read at espn.com that aurillia and the giants agreed to a 2-year, 8 million dollar contract. hate to lose him. be curious what the reds do this week at the winter meetings.

i'm excited about gonzalez. i don't know if barry larkin can ever be replaced. but i think this guy has a better chance the felippe lopez.

as for the cubs, if wood and prior are healthy and that's a BIG IF, they might have a chance at the wild card. i can't put any faith in those two anymore. now, if the cubs can sign another big name pitcher or two and then they can get an entire season from either kerry or mark, i might feel better!!!

what about the stros? they did sign carlos lee but if they lose clemens or pettite, they are skunked!!

Gonzo...when he was in the National League with the Marlins was THE BEST shortstop .....period......Carlos Lee is SO overrated...geez....100 million for that fat tub of gue.....

just read at espn.com that ryne sandberg will manage the peoria chiefs next season. he replaces jody davis who was promoted to manage the daytona cubs in 2007. paging mark grace.....paging mark grace!!!!

yeppers. i was stationed at glenview naval air station for a year....1987-88.....and went to a few cub games. as much as i liked ryno, gracie was my fave. that's why i wish the cubs organization would being him back in some capacity!!

Looks like the Cubs might be get Ted Lilly, great left hander!! Gil Meche as well. I say they go this year!!:up