Will the Dish VIP722 work with Direct TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have also used both on many occasions, and while the ViP series IS faster than my HR-20s, its not THAT much faster. Unless they were side by side (with what I have) I probably wouldnt even notice it.

I have also used both on many occasions, and while the ViP series IS faster than my HR-20s, its not THAT much faster. Unless they were side by side (with what I have) I probably wouldnt even notice it.

Let me have some of what you are smoking. They aren't even close.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with D* and the PQ of their HD channels. I still think that Dish's HD-DVRs are significantly better than D*'s.

Let me have some of what you are smoking. They aren't even close.

I must be mistaken then:rolleyes:. Look, I am just stating what I have seen with these particular boxes. I am sure that some receivers from both companies will have variations in how they perform. Most mass produced hardware will. That doesnt make my experience with them any less valid, nor does it make your observations untrue. We are both agreeing that the ViP is faster, we just differ on how much faster

I must be mistaken then:rolleyes:. Look, I am just stating what I have seen with these particular boxes. I am sure that some receivers from both companies will have variations in how they perform. Most mass produced hardware will. That doesnt make my experience with them any less valid, nor does it make your observations untrue. We are both agreeing that the ViP is faster, we just differ on how much faster

I'm just saying that not having them side by side shouldn't be an issue. Unless your HR21 is significantly faster than mine I don't see how you can say it is hardly noticable. Changing channels, bringing up the guide, scrolling through the guide... the 3 main functions I do on any set top box are those and Dish wins those hands down, not even close. I don't like waiting for the box to do something after I've hit the button to do it. I'm constantly waiting on my HR21, never waited on my vip622.

I'm just saying that not having them side by side shouldn't be an issue. Unless your HR21 is significantly faster than mine I don't see how you can say it is hardly noticable. Changing channels, bringing up the guide, scrolling through the guide... the 3 main functions I do on any set top box are those and Dish wins those hands down, not even close. I don't like waiting for the box to do something after I've hit the button to do it. I'm constantly waiting on my HR21, never waited on my vip622.
Well one thing may be that I have the HR-20, not the 21. I havent used the 21, so I cant comment on the speed of it in relation to what I have.

Please explain how the dish channels are different from the directv channels? HBO on DISH and Directv show the same movies at the same time. CNN shows the same news on both providers at the same time. Lifetime is the same on both services the only differences is the packages. AT100 and Choice contain different services but you can get most of the same channels by carefully selecting your packages.

Glad to see a Dish sub here. My daughter has Dish and asks me to copy programs for her from Fit Tv. I told her to look through her guide but she insists that it's not there. Is she right or just missing it somehow.

Glad to see a Dish sub here. My daughter has Dish and asks me to copy programs for her from Fit Tv. I told her to look through her guide but she insists that it's not there. Is she right or just missing it somehow.
You might get more responses to this in the Dish network forum:up

Well one thing may be that I have the HR-20, not the 21. I havent used the 21, so I cant comment on the speed of it in relation to what I have.

The 1st dvr i had from D was a hr20 and it's not that different in guide and menu scrolling performance or channel changing than the hr21. i do like my hr21-100 more because it's a little quieter and better looking than the hr20 :). i do have the vip 622 and the hr21 side by side and to me the 622 is much faster at responding to any command you throw at it no matter how many times with no delays at all. that is what buggs me abouth the hr2x the delays at times when sending a command or when scrolling through the guide or menus. i totally respect your opinion on the matter and the truth is that maybe some of us including myself are way more pickier at these things than others. honestly i still like my hr21 better because it has some functions that the vip622 doesn't have. it seems more user friendly too even though the more complicated the technology is the more i like it so i really don't care about a simple easy to learn ui. the hr21 or 20 has the capability to be as responsive as the 622 but the software has limitations. although each week that i download a ce it gets better and better. this last ce from friday made the box even quicker. i'm looking forward to tivos involvement in the software to see if they can remedy this.

You're right but since we had a couple of Dish subs posting here I thought I might get a quick answer without someone thinking that I'm trolling.
Didnt mean to imply that you were at all. I honestly didnt look at your post count until now, I thought you might be new, and got confused. I see now that isnt the case. No problem

For those that are having speed problems with the guide, do you have the scrolling animations turned off? It is turned of on my box and I don't have any complaints about the guide speed.

Mine is turned off.

It may not be a big deal to someone who didn't use to use the VIP622/722. To most of us that have there is a significant speed difference.

It's not in Dish's guide.There's alot of national basic channels that DirecTV carries that Dish don't.:rolleyes:

Mine is turned off.

It may not be a big deal to someone who didn't use to use the VIP622/722. To most of us that have there is a significant speed difference.

mine is off too and so is native mode. there is still a difference but i've gotten used to it. :)

I think I could get use to a 1sec difference in my EPG for the better programming and offerings and such that really matters. Its not like I can go make coffee and do laundry during this time; the speed difference is being so overly exaggerated IMHO over more important things like programming, choices and such. So it really doesn't matter when properly compared.. I would be griping about more important issues.

I think I could get use to a 1sec difference in my EPG for the better programming and offerings and such that really matters. Its not like I can go make coffee and do laundry during this time; the speed difference is being so overly exaggerated IMHO over more important things like programming, choices and such. So it really doesn't matter when properly compared.. I would be griping about more important issues.

sentiments exactly. i rather have the programming i can get with D that i can't with E.

(Its not like I can go make coffee and do laundry during this time) lol!:D that would be insane!

I do have both side by side. Both Dish ViP 622's I have are far superior to the two HR2x units I have. Speed of menu's and guides just blow my D* units away. My HR20-700 is faster than my HR21-700 with an AM21 hooked up. But both are slower by far to my 2 ViP622's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)