Will the H20 remote (RC24) send commands to an aftermarket remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

device manager

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
West TX
I have a Home Theater Master MX-500 remote that I am trying to program to operate a DirecTV H20 HD receiver. There doesn't seem to be a 3 digit code for the H20/RC24, nor do they send out commands when you try the learn function on the MX-500. I have the H20 set to IR mode, and I currently have the MX-500 operating a Plasma TV, dvd, receiver, and a vcr. Is the only option to get a different DirecTV receiver? I know my old Hughes HTL-HD receiver allowed me to use the MX-500 to control it.

I found the answer. :)

You need to go into the menu of the H20 to change it from RF to IR. To turn on the IR of the remote:

1. DTV
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH DOWN

You do the steps in my previous post in order to allow the RC24 to send commands so that the MX-500, or other universal IR remote, can learn them.

device manager said:
You do the steps in my previous post in order to allow the RC24 to send commands so that the MX-500, or other universal IR remote, can learn them.

Yup. I have an MX-500. It works great with the H20.

I just bought an LG LCD TV, however the DirecTV remote that came with my H20 will Not operate the TV. There is only 1 code listed under LG and it doesn't work. I also tried to program the LG remote, however the owners manual does NOT list a code for DirecTv. Any help would be greatly appreicate it.

mac1 said:
I just bought an LG LCD TV, however the DirecTV remote that came with my H20 will Not operate the TV. There is only 1 code listed under LG and it doesn't work. I also tried to program the LG remote, however the owners manual does NOT list a code for DirecTv. Any help would be greatly appreicate it.

try code 10178.

No I don't, but I doubt there is one, I only know of one Tv oem remote with a code preset for the current dtv receivers, thats a hitachi model. If directv isn't listed as a brand along with rca or sony, then theres isn't code for sure. All directv receivers ever to use the codeset that Hr20 is using, have been branded directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.