Will the Miami Marlins do it?

Will the 2013 Marlins outdraw the 2001 Expos (Expos drew 642,745 that year)?

• Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year and will draw at least 1 million

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No they will not draw more than 642,745 for the year

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
something just isnt right

Miami had 22K there yesterday (supposedly) yet
9570 in Pittsburgh
16000 in Cincy
15700 in Toronto
15000 in Seattle yesterday

What Loria buying a bunch of tickets to get attendance up?

something just isnt right

Miami had 22K there yesterday (supposedly) yet
9570 in Pittsburgh
16000 in Cincy
15700 in Toronto
15000 in Seattle yesterday

What Loria buying a bunch of tickets to get attendance up?

Q.
Is the attendance taken at the beginning of a game or the end or neither ?

Reason I'm asking .... Tigers were in Seattle, last nights game you quoted went 14 innings and ended just about 3am in Detroit, not many people were there at the end I'm sure.

If they go off tickets sold I'm sure they get the total around the 3rd or 4th inning.....I know they usually announce it on TV/Radio/stadium late 7th inning or early 8th

If they go with butts through the turnstiles then I'd say the 5th

If they go off tickets sold I'm sure they get the total around the 3rd or 4th inning.....I know they usually announce it on TV/Radio/stadium late 7th inning or early 8th

If they go with butts through the turnstiles then I'd say the 5th

I wish ALL teams would go by the actual fans in the stands, thru the turnstiles, thats the REAL way to get your attendance.

Q.
Is the attendance taken at the beginning of a game or the end or neither ?

Reason I'm asking .... Tigers were in Seattle, last nights game you quoted went 14 innings and ended just about 3am in Detroit, not many people were there at the end I'm sure.
It's been said here multiple times that the criteria is tickets sold, not sure why you're asking that.

As long as the tickets are indeed sold, I see no problem with using those numbers. As said before, you shouldn't fault the team if people decide to not use the tickets.

It's been said here multiple times that the criteria is tickets sold, not sure why you're asking that.

As long as the tickets are indeed sold, I see no problem with using those numbers. As said before, you shouldn't fault the team if people decide to not use the tickets.

that's all loria would care about anyway even if the stadium is empty. so, STOP BUYING THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if Loria buys 5000 tickets each game to get the numbers up then doesnt do anything with them (like give them to kids) you don't see a flaw here???

so if Loria buys 5000 tickets each game to get the numbers up then doesnt do anything with them (like give them to kids) you don't see a flaw here???
Of course it's a flaw, but other than PR, what's his incentive to do so?? There aren't any minimum attendance requirements they need to reach, are there??

At least in the NFL, it's done to lift the TV blackouts.

If the Marlins announced attendance is 20,000, but 5,000 were "bought" by the team, who cares?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts