Will the Miami Marlins do it?

Will the 2013 Marlins outdraw the 2001 Expos (Expos drew 642,745 that year)?

• Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year and will draw at least 1 million

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No they will not draw more than 642,745 for the year

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marlins lose thier Home Opener to Atlanta 2-0

Attendance : 34,439

Game 2 - 10,000 ?

here's the thing,that's the number of tickets "sold". i say this because it's been confirmed that half of those tickets were given away and folks who were there last night say there is no way 30k people were at the game. Loria was hiding somewhere to:eek:. :facepalm

here's the thing,that's the number of tickets "sold". i say this because it's been confirmed that half of those tickets were given away and folks who were there last night say there is no way 30k people were at the game. Loria was hiding somewhere to:eek:. :facepalm

Thats what I was getting at in previous posts, Sold vs given away.
Also like you said, how many actually showed up ?

Thats what I was getting at in previous posts, Sold vs given away.
Also like you said, how many actually showed up ?

embarrassing. can't wait to see how the rest of the games will be. consider that more tickets could've been given away but a few radio stations had two options for prizes, pizza or go to a marlins game. guess what the winners picked most between those two things. :eek: LMAO!!!

Marlins Park only holds about 39,000 or so...so that 45,000+ will not happen.

I am gonna say 33K+ and then about 9K the next two games after that.

Damn I was close! They had around 34k last night.... Now I predict about 9k for the rest of the Braves series.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Some of my more hardcore baseball buddies went to the game last night...and the DID say the stadium was packed..seriously. But everyone was eating and drinking and NOT WATCHING THE GAME....LMAO! It was All-You-Can-Eat Night at the stadium. If you were to add, if I am not mistaken, $25 to your ticket price, it was all you can eat. LOL!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

well they claim 14,222 were there tonight

i'm glad you said they "claim" because again i'm hearing there was less.tickets sold doesn't mean equal amount of butts in the seats. this time it looked REAL bad. i hope it continues, the empty seats and the losing. it's the only way I see forcing this scumbag to maybe consider selling the team to someone who wants to win. all the losing finally pushed wayne out of the dolphins and hopefully the same will be with the marlins.

And a little baseball Humour.

David was in his 3th grade class when the teacher asked the
children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up - fireman, policeman, salesman, etc.
David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked
him about his father. 'My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and
takes off all his clothes in front of other men.

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the
other children to work on some coloring, and took little David aside to
ask him, 'Is that really true about your father?'

'No,' said David, 'He plays for Loria’s Miami Marlins but I was
too embarrassed to say it'

Too me, the attendance is people IN THE SEATS, not how many you sold or gave away, if they dont show up, what have you done, other than steal peoples money.

Too me, the attendance is people IN THE SEATS, not how many you sold or gave away, if they dont show up, what have you done, other than steal peoples money.

True but I think it would be hard for us to trust any team's attendance numbers. I'm sure every team inflates their attendance numbers as well as gives away tickets. I know the Tigers give away lots of tickets to the Boys and Girls Club, Veterans groups, and other charity.

You pretty much just have to go by whatever they tell us because it would be unfair to nitpick their numbers and not every other team in baseball when we have no way to verify it. That's why I am saying they will easily pass a million. The Rays had the lowest attendance in baseball last year at 1.5 million. I highly doubt any team will drop half a million below last year's lowest.

True but I think it would be hard for us to trust any team's attendance numbers. I'm sure every team inflates their attendance numbers as well as gives away tickets. I know the Tigers give away lots of tickets to the Boys and Girls Club, Veterans groups, and other charity.

You pretty much just have to go by whatever they tell us because it would be unfair to nitpick their numbers and not every other team in baseball when we have no way to verify it. That's why I am saying they will easily pass a million. The Rays had the lowest attendance in baseball last year at 1.5 million. I highly doubt any team will drop half a million below last year's lowest.

At least the seats are filled come game time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)