Will there be any new HD today 4-17-08

According to my local retailer, the Greenville NC HD locals will be activated today. Same guy who told me last October that we would have the hd locals by the second quarter of this year. So I believe him. Until he turns out to be wrong... :rolleyes:

Even if they are lit today, I won't see them as I need a second dish to add to my 1000.2 to get the 61.5 satellite. The retailer says Dish will provide the dish and installation free but I have to wait until they are lit to call him to arrange installation.

You are meaing channel 7,8,9,12? Greenville/New bern NC you are in that area?

Personally since this channel shows ZERO TRUE HD I would wish they would hold off on giving this one to us for awhile. I would rather have USA HD and SCIFI HD. :D :D

First off, let me also give my thanks to Scott for all his hard work and all the others that put their efforts into this site. That said:

So is there any news/rumors as to what the hold up is with USA HD and SCIFI HD? They've been unlinked long enough that I would think any possible technical issues would have already been worked out and it's been said that its not a contract issue. So what gives?

Actually I am hearing we could see Cartoon Network HD soon... (Possibly by the end of the week) it was supposed to launch at the same time as CNN HD did but there were some technical issues with it so it did not launch.

Personally since this channel shows ZERO TRUE HD I would wish they would hold off on giving this one to us for awhile. I would rather have USA HD and SCIFI HD. :D :D

Yeah I agree its better to add Channels that show HD Content.. :)

Dish needs to start a new campaign "Who are we not suing today?"
What do you guys think, in one of the above posts someone posted that Dish has good relations with Time Warner, do they? didn't they have problems recently?

$hit they can't get on with anyone.

aqua teen hunger force in HD, why oh why? Nothing like a giant meatball in HD, almost as good as Larry King.

Cartoons in HD makes sense how? Unless they are 3D or something... who knows.

Your post makes me wonder if they're only turning on channels have have "C" and "N" in the abbreviated name. Can't wait to get Commie Nation HD or Colorful Nicaragua HD.

ooHH, perhaps a good sign of things to come CNBC-HD will be coming soon too, if THAT hits then it will mean things with NBC/U have gotten ironed out. (of course sticking to the C/N theme, no dice for any of the other NBC/U nets)

Actually I am hearing we could see Cartoon Network HD soon... (Possibly by the end of the week) it was supposed to launch at the same time as CNN HD did but there were some technical issues with it so it did not launch.

I know what you are saying and I believe but some of my kids would be happy if we got this channel again after losing it to the HD only pack a couple of months ago.

Thats the public perception. However there have always been rumors that behind the scenes Pokey is not the nice ol pony the show made him out to be and he is the one pulling the strings. The most salacious rumor has to do with a well-used saddle and riding crop. Apparently he has never been seen with it on and it doesnt fit him very well. But oddly enough it fits Gumby perfectly and and he occasionally has bruises on his green behind.

Cartoon network has some exciting HD programming coming up in late summer/early fall. not sure what they have now, but I'd love to have CN in HD now even if it's upconverted to watch the new Transformers cartoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts