Will there be any new HD today 4-17-08

Well, the reason I got mine for free is because I found a channel that said "we will install a dish for you free of any charge" to watch it. It was a local religious channel.

Thank God.

So look for such channel (like the locals) and if there is one you're in for sure.

I called my local retailer. He says ... that he would have to charge me $99 to come add the dish to pick up 61.5. He says Dish would only charge $29 or $49 or something like that and suggested I call them....

Basically I'll pay $99 to the retailer to hook me up on Monday. It is worth it not to have to hassle with Dish themselves. Plus I really liked the way that the installers took their time on my initial installation. They did a very nice and neat job. No mention of extending my contract at all.
I had essentially the same experience a few weeks ago when the Austin locals were made available.

I really like my local retailer. But he told me he would have to charge $99 for the wing dish even though Dish would do it for free. So I told him as much as I liked his work etc. $99 was just too much. I was prepared to pay something for his skills, etc. but not $99. He said he understood but that Dish would not reimburse him to cover any difference and suggested I call Dish.

In the end, Dish did the install nicely on Sat AM, just 3 days after Austin went live, for FREE w/ no commitment :)

Talon Dancer

The D* forums were like that until they added most of the nationals. Be prepared for the same in the Dish forum. Many will chill once the bigger ones are added(if)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts