Will there be any new HD today 4-17-08

Well, the reason I got mine for free is because I found a channel that said "we will install a dish for you free of any charge" to watch it. It was a local religious channel.

Thank God.

So look for such channel (like the locals) and if there is one you're in for sure.

I called my local retailer. He says ... that he would have to charge me $99 to come add the dish to pick up 61.5. He says Dish would only charge $29 or $49 or something like that and suggested I call them....

Basically I'll pay $99 to the retailer to hook me up on Monday. It is worth it not to have to hassle with Dish themselves. Plus I really liked the way that the installers took their time on my initial installation. They did a very nice and neat job. No mention of extending my contract at all.
I had essentially the same experience a few weeks ago when the Austin locals were made available.

I really like my local retailer. But he told me he would have to charge $99 for the wing dish even though Dish would do it for free. So I told him as much as I liked his work etc. $99 was just too much. I was prepared to pay something for his skills, etc. but not $99. He said he understood but that Dish would not reimburse him to cover any difference and suggested I call Dish.

In the end, Dish did the install nicely on Sat AM, just 3 days after Austin went live, for FREE w/ no commitment :)

Talon Dancer

The D* forums were like that until they added most of the nationals. Be prepared for the same in the Dish forum. Many will chill once the bigger ones are added(if)