will this setup work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aeneas3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
hi guys
posted in the general forum about dtv and adding HD. I have a question for this area, though.
We currently have 2 receivers and a tivo. if we were to get HD programming and a new hd receiver would it be possible to have the tivo and hd receiver on the same tv?
the problem is that in the other rooms with receivers there is no two-line connection setup.
thanks in advance!

You'd need three lines run to that location to fully use the TiVo.

(Two for the TiVo, one for the HD receiver.)

That's what I had in my Living Room. :)

H

Hogarth said:
You'd need three lines run to that location to fully use the TiVo.

(Two for the TiVo, one for the HD receiver.)

That's what I had in my Living Room. :)

H

thanks
is this easy to do? do i need a splitter of some sort...would a regular coaxial splitter work or do i need something special?
thanks

No, no splitter. Splitters won't work.

Run a line directly from the dish to the receiver.

There are options to use stackers / destackers, but these will run you $300+ to do, and have less-than-stellar results. Running the line is the cheapest thing and highest quality thing you can do.

When you get the Phase III HD dish, it will have an integrated x4 multiswitch.

H

hmmm i wonder if my dish has a spot for a line. i may have to get on the roof today :)

looks like all 4 connections from the dish are taken up.
1 to the living room, 2 the den (tivo there now), 1 to the bed room.
I think what we may end up doing is waiting for the dvr prices to go down -> then have the hd dvr where the tivo is. that would leave the tivo out to dry...but not a problem.
when would i get the phase III HD dish? is that what they would swap out for my 2lnb? dtv had said no need to swap dishes.
the other thought is trying to convince dtv they need to send someone to move the line from the den to the living room for us, as I cannot do it (wall makes it difficult and the wire in the basement is WAAAY under). we shall see :)
we love our new ws55517 mitsubishi. SO sweet. now to find a cheap antenna...

Status
Please reply by conversation.