Will this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If he has swm then he needs a swm splitter if he has more then 8 tuners (dvr counts as 2) then he cant add another with out knocking out what he has installed.

if its an older system he will need to run a line from dish to the new box . if dish has more 4 lines all ready used he will need to install a switch then conect new box to switch....

We all culd help more if we know what he alredy has installed like 2 hd box and 1 dvr ... ect...

My answer would be No.

I would run a line from dish (ground block) to the new recvr and be done with it,if it's an option.

An AT-9 will handle 4 lines from the dish, so you can have 4 tuners from the dish without any splitters.

You cannot just add a splitter to a D* set up and expect it to work as the channels are determined by the line voltage and when you split the signal the LNB /Rcvr wold not know which signal voltage to send to which recvr.

Call directv, see what they say about having the dish upgraded. I think they will swap that dish out for you.

See what they say about ordering up another box. Talk to the technician.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)