Will Voom Add Gol TV and the New Real Madrid TV Channel?

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
I was wondering if Voom has any plans on adding Gol TV and the new Real Madrid TV Channel, which launched on 2/1/05? Gol TV is supposed to start broadcasting in HD soon and Real Madrid has created a new channel which broadcast worldwide on a 24/7 basis and should be available in English by the Summer. For any soccer fan that's out there, these would be two great additions to the Voom lineup. Since Voom offers a lot of niche programming, it would make sense for Voom and Real Madrid to strike a deal. Hopefully Voom could offer it in HD too.

Soccer

I don't think they will add those channels they might, i just hope they add G4 Tech Tv and BBC. I know there are adding channels on March 1, 2005 so be patient and wait. :D

Real Madrid TV probably won't be available here until the Summer. That's when they broadcast in English. It is available for free, on the Astra and Hispasat Satellites. That information was on their website. Real Madrid TV will probably be a niche channel, but that is why it fits in perfect with Voom. Voom might be able to provide it in HD, should Real Madrid themselves decide to offer it in HD.

Cool

I had a partial list of what channels are coming to Voom but i can't find it i think i deleted on notepad. I know there getting Discovery Wings and Reality Tv they are adding allot of Dicovery channels. :D

New Voom SD channes in March, from their press release:

http://www.voom.com/util/press/press_01062005_1.shtml

BBC America
CMT
CNN International
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
Discovery Times
DIY - Do It Yourself Network
FINE LIVING
Fox Movie Channel
FSN Bay Area
FSN New England
FSN New York
FSN Ohio
GAC - Great American Country
History International
Military Channel
MSG Network
National Geographic Channel
Reality 24-7
Sunshine Network
Superstation WGN
The Science Channel
Turner South

Besides the two channels that I listed that I hope Voom adds (Gol TV and Real Madrid TV), I also would like to see the RSN's added but in HD. Fox Sports New England is going to be added, but just in SD. I know that the Boston Celtics home games are available in HD from FSNE, courtesy of Comcast. I'm also hoping that somehow Voom can get NESN's HD service too. Comcast might have their hands all over NESN, but if Voom can somehow acquire their HD signal, it would be terrific. NESN plans on broadcasting 106 games in HD this year. Three Spring Training games, along with 63 Home games and 40 Road games.
Any chance that once Voom gets all the RSN's, that they can begin to offer the Out-of-Market Sports packages?

Ask Ilya to propose as he is well connected and a football junkie as well. How about Manchester United?

who_the said:
New Voom SD channes in March, from their press release:

http://www.voom.com/util/press/press_01062005_1.shtml

BBC America
CMT
CNN International
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
Discovery Times
DIY - Do It Yourself Network
FINE LIVING
Fox Movie Channel
FSN Bay Area
FSN New England
FSN New York
FSN Ohio
GAC - Great American Country
History International
Military Channel
MSG Network
Reality 24-7
Sunshine Network
Superstation WGN
The Science Channel
Turner South

Cool:

BBC America
CNN International
Discovery Times
Fox Movie Channel
FSN New York
History International
Military Channel
MSG Network
The Science Channel

HDVoomer said:
Besides the two channels that I listed that I hope Voom adds (Gol TV and Real Madrid TV), I also would like to see the RSN's added but in HD. Fox Sports New England is going to be added, but just in SD. I know that the Boston Celtics home games are available in HD from FSNE, courtesy of Comcast. I'm also hoping that somehow Voom can get NESN's HD service too. Comcast might have their hands all over NESN, but if Voom can somehow acquire their HD signal, it would be terrific. NESN plans on broadcasting 106 games in HD this year. Three Spring Training games, along with 63 Home games and 40 Road games.
Any chance that once Voom gets all the RSN's, that they can begin to offer the Out-of-Market Sports packages?

You mean like English Premier HD package or Italian HD package?

That'd be cool! :cool:

I too wish we had Gol TV on VOOM! The best way for you to make your voice heard is to go to www.worldsportsoccer.com and select CONTACT. Enter your comments about WorldSport and your suggestions.

As for Gol TV, Real Madrid TV, or any other European broadcasts going HD any time soon, I really doubt! There is no HD TV in Europe, and until it emerges, there will not be enough demand to justify equipment upgrades to HD, IMHO. It's actually a miracle that we are watching LaLiga games in HD on WorldSport!

Ilya said:
As for Gol TV, Real Madrid TV, or any other European broadcasts going HD any time soon, I really doubt! There is no HD TV in Europe, and until it emerges, there will not be enough demand to justify equipment upgrades to HD, IMHO. It's actually a miracle that we are watching LaLiga games in HD on WorldSport!

Actually, I read somewhere that GolTV had plans to start HD this fall.

Yes I heard that Gol TV is indeed testing and are now perhaps ready to rollout their HD channel. I don't know when it'll take place, but maybe in the Fall is when they will start.

Europe has HD via Satellite

Ilya said:
There is no HD TV in Europe, and until it emerges, there will not be enough demand to justify equipment upgrades to HD, IMHO. It's actually a miracle that we are watching LaLiga games in HD on WorldSport!

The thing that's throwing us off here is that there's no terrestrial (OTA) HD in Europe. BUT, from what I've read, there IS satellite delivered HD. Looks like there may only be one provider, called Euro1080, that now has 4 HD channels broadcasting:

http://www.euro1080.tv/

-Dan

HDVoomer said:

I called NESN and they said that they are not Comcrap exclusive and anyone of the satelite companies can pick up their HD if they want. The one draw back was MLB only will limit HD broadcast to the local market, because MLB Extra Innings does HD if available for the rest of the nation. If you real want it just tell Voom and they will see NewEngland folks are interested in this channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)