Will Wireless gaming adapter work on HR21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ultrablu

Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I would rather not fish cables through the wall if I can help it. Has anyone had success with Wireless adapters for web access on the HR21?

Linksys extreme N gaming adapter works great, have it hooked to a router and my HR21, Toshiba A3 HD DVD and Fyre TV beta unit hooked to the router, all 3 work great.

We used the Linksys Wireless G Game bridge connected by Ethernet into the DVR. It let us control the wireless setup from the console menu similar to our XBox. Great experience.

Last edited:
I tried wireless for a while, but it was unreliable over the ~50 foot path from my family room to the bedroom. The house is L-shaped and the signal had to go through several walls. I think the insulation in the exterior walls has foil backing, which was probably the cause of the problem. I bought a couple of the Directv HD Networking Kit powerline adapters and they work quite well ($35 each or $60 for ones built into a powerstrip).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)