Will you be purchasing an Xbox ONE when it comes out?

I will not be purchasing a Xbox One anytime soon for a number of reasons.
1. It is new technology, so I usually wait for bugs to be worked out.
2. I just recently purchased a Xbox 360 with Kinect.. I stayed away from the console wars for many years (last foray was PS2)
3. Most important of all THE WIFE WILL MURDER ME!!! (I have come to like living ) :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm going to wait and see. The main reason is Microsoft's hesitancy to lay out the details of its used game scheme. If the Xbox One makes used games much more expensive than they are now, and created privacy issues like what is rumored, I'm simply not going to deal with it. I'll buy a PS4 or just stick with PC gaming.

Doubtful. I basically play one game, and it will be released for current consoles most likely for the next two cycles. I jumped on the PS3 and 360 at launch then just did not use them enough to justify the inflated initial cost.

I will for sure at some point but it be interesting to see what they show at E3. I will for sure at some point but it be interesting to see what they show at E3. I can see what they are doing as far as getting more entertainment like stuff on the device with TV . Heck I find myself using it more for Netflix watching new releases of movies when they come more than I game on it. So with them adding all of the ESPN's plus more sports and movie I could see more people spending more time using the device for more than just gaming. With MS pull they will get more networks to jump on board before. So I think they are trying to improve on both sides the gaming and the entertainment side as well.

You never know heck MS might offer TV Service through the X-box one day then folks will have the option to get rid of their current provider then you can game and watch TV from the same device plus have access to the web social media so forth.

Last edited:
Doubt I will be able to afford it. Maybe I get one as a Christmas gift.

Here we go. Xbox One will be released in November for $499. I was hoping for a $400 price point but at least we finally have some more specific release information.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-xbox-launches-november-2013-for-499

This pretty much guarantees that I won't be getting one at launch. I can't justify it for $500 when my PC will be able to play everything but the exclusives. I'll wait for a price drop and give the exclusive library some time to build up.

There is still a chance that I will preorder a PS4 if it comes in at $399 and they confirm that you can use rental services like gamefly with it.

Last edited:
Here we go. Xbox One will be released in November for $499. I was hoping for a $400 price point but at least we finally have some more specific release information.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-xbox-launches-november-2013-for-499

This pretty much guarantees that I won't be getting one at launch. I can't justify it for $500 when my PC will be able to play everything but the exclusives. I'll wait for a price drop and give the exclusive library some time to build up.

There is still a chance that I will preorder a PS4 if it comes in at $399 and they confirm that you can use rental services like gamefly with it.
I seriously doubt they'll come in at $399, but I share the same basic sentiment. No reason to upgrade until a price cut since I got a powerful CPU at my house and the PS3/360 is still being supported.

I seriously doubt they'll come in at $399, but I share the same basic sentiment. No reason to upgrade until a price cut since I got a powerful CPU at my house and the PS3/360 is still being supported.

You're probably right but the 360 did come in at $400 to PS3's $500 so there is a chance. I think a $400 PS4 is more likely than Sony allowing rentals after Microsoft didn't.

Come on Sony make me happy. Give me a $400 system that still allows rentals.

I preordered one from Amazon. My oldest plays alot of FIFA. I didn't see any NHL announcements from EA for next gen consoles. I may grab a 2nd One , if NHL 14 is available on next gen at launch.

You're probably right but the 360 did come in at $400 to PS3's $500 so there is a chance. I think a $400 PS4 is more likely than Sony allowing rentals after Microsoft didn't.

Come on Sony make me happy. Give me a $400 system that still allows rentals.

Boom! They gave me both parts of what I asked for. Just got my preorder in to amazon. How is Microsoft going to compete when their console is more restrictive and $100 more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sony just won the Internet. Oh, and also this:

00389369644238878083.jpg

I now have 3 Xbox Ones on pre order now.

My kids are not interested in the PS4 at all so no plans to pre order one at this time. I did not see last nights event so I want to see that first before pre ordering one.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I now have 3 Xbox Ones on pre order now.

My kids are not interested in the PS4 at all so no plans to pre order one at this time. I did not see last nights event so I want to see that first before pre ordering one.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Scott, if you aren't interested in gaming or more importantly Sony exclusives you might be better off saving the hour and a half and skipping the Sony event. They only spent about 5 minutes talking about their streaming services and the rest was all games. The implication was of course you can stream netflix, amazon, etc just like on your PS3..., now back to the games.

The beginning was PS3 games still coming out this year and some Vita stuff. If you don't care about Sony exclusives and you are already getting 3 Xbox Ones that can play all the multiplatform games the PS4 event won't show you anything to make you want both. If you are a gamer and the Xbox One's TV integration isn't enough to solidify your decision than check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts