Will you be purchasing an Xbox ONE when it comes out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Exactly what Kinect "spying" thing are you referring to? They cleared that up awhile ago: http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-...0100564?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm not worried about this either but many gaming outlets seem to be. With all the discussion about Verizon and other companies giving up all our information it is a pretty hot topic right now. People are wary of something that is always listening or watching. They reason that if it can turn your console on when you say "Xbox On" it has to be listening all the time for those key words.

I think it's mostly just paranoia but it does make you think. If Sony or Microsoft got a subpena would they be able to give the government audio and video of your living room without your knowledge or consent? I don't know the answer to that but after everything in the news this week it doesn't seem like they even need to get a warrant anymore. Something should be pointed out to everyone who is afraid of this though. Think about how many connected devices you already have with built in cameras. We already have smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc so why is everyone worried about a gaming console but not those devices?

If they wanted to spy on my living room they will get bored quickly. All they would see is an overweight guy eating too many chicken wings.

They say you can "pause" it, but not physically disconnect it. The pause feature can always be changed with a simple software update. They also own a particularly disturbing patent that the MPAA loves.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa
I doubt they'd actually USE it in that regard. I think it's more of a "nice to have" patent. Besides, it'd be so easy to circumvent that it'd be rendered useless for their purposes.

Can I just make a request that we do some sort of thread merging here? We essentially have 3 threads on the same topic and basically the same information in each one. Maybe just merge them all and call it "Do you plan on buying an Xbox One or PS4 at Launch?" And please keep it in the video game forum, as a number of people commenting are not pub members.

Id rather have the One and PS4 threads seperate, but I dont disagree with combining the rogue threads here. I started one in the HD forum about the Xbox having a blu-drive, but no reason we can't continue here.

On another subject, I decided to hold my Xbox One preorder for the launch unit as well as one for the PS4 launch unit with Amazon. As much as M$ policy makes me mad, this unit would be for streaming and blu-ray, so I gotta keep an eye on the One too. Gaming means very little to me and I still have a gut feeling the Xbox will be the better living room device for HT.

An alleged anonymous Xbox worker posted about the DRM/always on controversy. At this point this can only be considered speculation as we have no real way of confirming their identity, but it still is an interesting read and does explain Microsoft's reasoning a bit more. Basically, Microsoft is trying to copy Steam (which, if you recall was HATED when it was first released, but now is the prodigal child of game sales/delivery on the internet.)

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

An alleged anonymous Xbox worker posted about the DRM/always on controversy. At this point this can only be considered speculation as we have no real way of confirming their identity, but it still is an interesting read and does explain Microsoft's reasoning a bit more. Basically, Microsoft is trying to copy Steam (which, if you recall was HATED when it was first released, but now is the prodigal child of game sales/delivery on the internet.)

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

If it really works out to be as good as PC gaming cost I will be all over the Xbox One sooner rather than later. The thing about PC is the competition though. There are tons of different websites selling PC games, not just steam. Lots of them even give you a steam code and let you download it from them but they may be selling that individual game for less at the time.

Because Microsoft and Sony will presumably have no competition for digital downloads of games on their systems I'm not convinced that we will ever see either of them truly be like Steam. Xbox Live has offered a couple decent sales in the last few months but nothing like the daily sales you can find all around the internet on PC.

I do beleive this is the best way for them to handle used games though. Don't ban them and make everyone mad. Offer game download prices that are cheaper than disks. People will take advantage of the price savings and convenience and they will have nothing to sell back to the used stores. Just make it worth it for us to go all digital and most people will say goodbye to disks.

Has anyone been over to xboxdone.com yet? Interestingly, the domain name was registered to Microsoft Corporation three weeks prior to E3.

This is pretty common. The developers often use PCs at these various gaming expos to show off their games. The dev kits are just PCs that are supposed to have specs that are similar to the consoles. This is what they use for building and testing their game during the development process so they use it to show off their games too.

Another thing.... Just about every multiplatform game released shows the PC version even when they are talking about their console versions. They have been doing this for years because they can show off a much prettier version that way. Alien: Colonial Marines recently got a bunch of flak when their game came out looking nothing like it did during last years E3. They showed everyone a pretty PC game even though the Xbox and PS3 version looked terrible. I never played it but supposedly all 3 versions played terribly too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes that has been one of the main complaints about the Xbone, although from a business standpoint those customers make up an extremely small percentage of the customer base. But from a P.R. perspective it ain't the greatest decision.

Region locked discs will also pretty much affect anyone who moves around a lot internationally, not just service members.

I just changed my preorder from ps4 to Xbox one. Glad to see they listened to their customer base! Wife misses the kinect so glad they changed their minds about these restrictions.

I just changed my preorder from ps4 to Xbox one. Glad to see they listened to their customer base! Wife misses the kinect so glad they changed their minds about these restrictions.

I'm going to stick with my PS4 preorder because I prefer Sony's exclusives. This is going to make the purchase easier when I do decide to make my inevitable Xbox One purchase in the future though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts