Will you be purchasing an Xbox ONE when it comes out?

Damn. My original white 360 is having heat issues. Was hoping it would last until the One is released. Anyone have a 250GB 360 S they want to sell ? :)

Damn. My original white 360 is having heat issues. Was hoping it would last until the One is released. Anyone have a 250GB 360 S they want to sell ? :)

I see you mentioned that you wanted the S model not the new E model. It sounds like you might already know this but I wanted to point out a big difference in case anyone else is still looking for a 360.

The new E model only has HDMI out with no optical out. This isn't a big deal for me because my AVR is capable of getting the audio from HDMI. If you have an older AVR or like to play with a gaming headset like a Turtle Beach or Tritton you won't be able to get 5.1 sound out of the newest E model 360.

I have 3 360s in our household. 2 of them are Jaspers, so not too concerned about RROD on those. Mine however is an original. Has been going strong up until a couple of weeks ago. I only planned on making a single One purchase for my son. I'd then have an extra 360 lying around.

Good to know. I actually just purchased a new Yamaha receiver that does hdmi switching. I see on Amazon they're offering a $50 credit for the Xbox 360 S 250GB spring bundle purchase. Even if my consoles dies, I just don't like the idea of dropping $300 for a new 360, with Next Gen just around the corner. I'd rather buy a used console, if I have to. I see some local CL ads, "I'll trade my 360 S for a PS3" I only use my PS3 for BluRay movies. I supposed I could do a trade, then purchase a new BR player for less than $100. Just a PITA buying used, since I'd obviously need to make sure it works. More importantly, it's not banned from M$. How does one verify this? A banned console can't connect to LIVE?

Last edited:
So what is the kinect going to spy on us then? I'm going to get the one because of blu-ray and pretty cool you can voice control your tv. My wife misses the kinect ever since I sold my 360. Are they charging a 100 more than Sony because of the kinect??

So what is the kinect going to spy on us then? I'm going to get the one because of blu-ray and pretty cool you can voice control your tv. My wife misses the kinect ever since I sold my 360. Are they charging a 100 more than Sony because of the kinect??
Yes. The kinect is a very sophisticated piece of equipment, and this new one is even more so. Hell even the current kinect is sold at a loss because it makes up in value from game sales. That and probably the multimedia capabilities along with the OS likely bump up the price as well. Even so this will still be sold for quite a loss.

I just want whichever one does blu-ray and streaming the best. I still think its gonna me M$, but we will see.

I love bluray picture and lossless 5.1 sound. I currently use a PS3 for my bluray player. I'm no expert on the quality differences between players though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you could buy a high end bluray player for that same $500 or less that will probably outperform either gaming console for bluray playback. Wouldn't an Oppo 103 or some other player in that price range better suit your needs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gaps between blu-ray players are slim now, granted some of them are buggy and fail certain video tests (i always look because Im anal :) ), and yeah the 103 is plenty. It is lacking good streaming though so here I sit with my 103 and my Roku II. Id rather have one ring to rule them all. Im not a big fan of the newer blu-ray players that look like a trapezoid and are about the size of a frisbee either. Part of it is look, and a lot of it is performance. If its gonna sit in my main HT, I want it to "look" good too and have some heft.

But no, at the end of the day, not all blu-ray players are the same. Lord knows Ive had enough of em. PS3 is pretty good, my main complaint with it is apps like Netflix and Vudu are output as RGB, which can be an issue. The PS3 treats ALL apps as a game, therefore its RGB. Blu-ray outputs ycbcr though, and does a good job. Not all displays can be calibrated for ycbcr and perform well with an RGB input.

Well.. that was unexpected..

Apparently the Xbox One also functions has a debug unit, meaning you can test code on it! Normally such units are sold separately at much higher expense and less availability. This in conjunction with Microsoft now allowing for self publishing could be a game changer, not to mention it helps that the One and PC games use basically the same architecture and probably similar (if not the same) programming styles.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/24/xbox-one-indies-marc-whitten/

The old Xbox was quiet too. It was the power brick that eventually sounded like a 747. I won't believe it until there's proof of no power brick or at least a fanless one.

The old Xbox was quiet too. It was the power brick that eventually sounded like a 747. I won't believe it until there's proof of no power brick or at least a fanless one.

My 20GB Launch day 360 was anything but quiet. It wasn't the power brick either at least in my case but I agree on the 747 part. Between the failing disk drive and crazy fan noise I think the 747 comparison was pretty fair. From what I've seen the slim models were virtually silent but I never owned one of those. In early 2010 I bought a PS3 Slim to go back and play all the exclusives I missed. From then I almost exclusively bought multiplatform games for PS3 even though I preferred the 360 interface because the difference in fan noise was night and day.

I think both systems original models had heat and noise problems but both of them made much better systems on their slim models. It sounds like the PS4 will be in a smaller box than the Xbox One. Hopefully this doesn't mean the PS4 will have quality problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)