Will you buy a PS4?

They had a few of us concerned until we figured that out. Mine still tells me I got Launch status on PS4 and XBone.

Link

Yeah, I received the email mentioned in that article this morning. I hope they skip the normal Tuesday release for video games and put it out on a Friday. I would love to take the day off work and be able to just play it as much as possible for 3 days straight.

Am I think right in this area? The xbxone will have 3 os running at one time, so not only will they take up a LARGE portion of a unchangeable hard drive (the one that you know games have to be installed on) but they will be running taking up ram as well which Is already slower, and now your going to have a lot less running at once, so that is another HUGE advantage for the ps4, correct? tell me if I am wrong.

Am I think right in this area? The xbxone will have 3 os running at one time, so not only will they take up a LARGE portion of a unchangeable hard drive (the one that you know games have to be installed on) but they will be running taking up ram as well which Is already slower, and now your going to have a lot less running at once, so that is another HUGE advantage for the ps4, correct? tell me if I am wrong.

I think you are somewhat right here although the PS4 is also going to have stuff going on in the background. They demoed fast switching between games and the store. In the video they showed, a guy suspended Knack to open the store to buy and download Killzone because his friend who was talking to him on cross game chat recommended it. He then fast switched back into knack at the exact spot he suspended from while Killzone was downloading in the background.

I think it's safe to say both systems will have a lot more going on in the background than we had this gen. That is probably why they are both using 8 core processors. In Sony's reveal event they also said the PS4 has a separate low power CPU to help with background downloads but Microsoft claimed they can offload some of the work to cloud processing. We'll see how it all plays out. The PS4 is theoretically more powerful though due to faster ram and a very slight edge in the GPU.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

94% Of Gamers Favor PS4 To Xbox One, According To Amazon Poll

Good grief...

amazon_56705.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/94-Gamers-Favor-PS4-Xbox-One-According-Amazon-Poll-56705.html

I think you are somewhat right here although the PS4 is also going to have stuff going on in the background. They demoed fast switching between games and the store. In the video they showed, a guy suspended Knack to open the store to buy and download Killzone because his friend who was talking to him on cross game chat recommended it. He then fast switched back into knack at the exact spot he suspended from while Killzone was downloading in the background.

I think it's safe to say both systems will have a lot more going on in the background than we had this gen. That is probably why they are both using 8 core processors. In Sony's reveal event they also said the PS4 has a separate low power CPU to help with background downloads but Microsoft claimed they can offload some of the work to cloud processing. We'll see how it all plays out. The PS4 is theoretically more powerful though due to faster ram and a very slight edge in the GPU.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Okay this is what I have found, on the RAM side of things, each box starts at 8GB. The xbox one has ddr3 RAM, and uses 1 GB for each OS so that leaves it with 5 GB reserved for games. The PS4 has GDDR5 and uses 1 GB for OS, leaving 7 GB for games. 7GB of GDDR5 vs 5 of DDR3, and if this is true the highest PS4 game was already using 4 GB's of RAM, HUGE HUGE advantage in speed and overhead for the PS4.

On the Hard drive side, each OS is going to take up a lot of room and the Hard drive is not upgradable on the xbox one, so lets say each OS takes up 8 GB, that is 24 GB gone, so you will probably have 430-450 free space.. Each game is going to take up lets say 30 gigs, now add your arcade games and add on content for each game and really you might only hold 8 games or so IMO...I know it can do external drives, but I havent found out for sure if you can store games on there (doubtful) or just movies and music and etc. On the PS4 the hard drive is upgradable so go ahead and throw a 2 TB drive in there :), and remember the PS4 does not require game installs, where as the xbox one does...seems like they are gimping this machine on purpose to me, or just have made really really dumb mistakes.

edit: http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive/

says you can use external same as internal, I was wrong on the Hard drive thing sorta..still dont know if I would prefer internal or external storage.

Last edited:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/has-playstation-4s-release-date-been-accidentally-revealed

We may know the release date of the PS4. Supposedly a big outlet store in Europe called Media Markt had displays up listing the launch date as November 13th. I have never heard of that store but the IGN article claims they are a huge chain and basically Europe's version of Best Buy. Sony gave a no comment response but this seems like a reasonable rumor to me. Why would a big box chain like Best Buy make up display units with a date on them if someone from Sony didn't give them that date? I'm sure they give these big chains a tentative date when they fill their orders. Plus this would get them on the shelves in time for Black Friday like most gaming news outlets predicted.

Even if that's true that's the date for Europe. Consoles rarely (if ever) launch worldwide on the same date. US date could be days or weeks apart from that.

Even if that's true that's the date for Europe. Consoles rarely (if ever) launch worldwide on the same date. US date could be days or weeks apart from that.

True the PS3 launched in November 2006 here but didn't come out until March 2007 in Europe. You can bet that the US launch will either be the same date as Europe or earlier though. We are a bigger market and tend to get things before them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a November 5th Launch in the US to go along with Call of Duty Ghost's already announced date. It would make more sense for them to release all console versions of that game on the same date than release the PS3 version a week before PS4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)