Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
My sister's company implemented FitBit tracking a few years back to cut the employees Health Care costs. Wear the FirBit and pay $xx or don't wear it and pay $xx + $yy (I don't remember the exact amount, but it was a definite incentive to wear the FitBit.)

So, I decided to trade-in my Apple Watch 0 to Amazon. They offered $98 for it. Not bad. Considering how old it is, and how lousy the battery is!

I put my heart rate app on 24/7 monitoring and my battery life on the new watch3 dropped from an average of 70 hours to 40 hours for the past two weeks. No health reasons for this, but I wanted to test the battery drain with 24/7 heart rate monitor. The heart rate graph history is now available with this level of monitoring. I may keep it on for another couple weeks to get a good average of battery time.

While on the cruise I averaged 6-7 miles a day walking and with using the stairs my exercise circle was 125-150% each day. Didn't gain or lose any weight with the increased exercise, likely because, I ate more. The stairs sent my heart rate to 110 max and after 7 flights of stairs, I was breathing hard. I forgot to take my O2 monitor so I imagine my O2 demand was exceeding my heart rate which is maxed at 110-120 with the pace maker.

Found a new use for my Apple watch-

Backstory- Last summer my Q-See security camera system quit working with the iphone. Would not support iOS 11+ So I have been limping along with getting reports on my ipad which I left on older iOS10. Q-See support told me they were no longer going to support the QS series and I would need to upgrade. The QT DVR would require all new cameras. But the latest QTH series was backward compatible so I found a deal on one and installed it.

The alerts to my iphone were a little tricky to get set up but I now have it working. Big surprise was that the newest app for the iphone also supports alerts on my Apple watch. Now when a motion sensor gets tripped the Apple watch alerts me with a tap on the wrist and the watch displays the intruder. Pretty cool. Of course the iphone has the image and data as well as the local DVR server. The new app claims it works with iphone X as well.

Reactions: Foxbat and Ilya
So, I was on a cruise last week, and running on the sports deck. Had the Apple Watch workout on. Learned that you can't really use it when on a ship moving at 15 knots. I apparently ran a 3 minute mile. I had no idea how fast I was. :).

I switched to indoor run and it was far more accurate.

Reactions: navychop
Anyone else look at their Apple watch at midnight?

I did and my watch face had a new background animation of fireworks display. Got it to repeat later by checking notifications pull down. Pretty cool though as I was looking at the watch for the final countdown and the fireworks animation at midnight went off on it's own. My wife's watch did the same thing.

Reactions: navychop and Foxbat
it is the default setting. When you close a ring, the screen does an animated display. BUT if you aren't looking at the watch at the time it just shows up as a notification.

Need to look closer I have never seen an animated display when rings are closed, notification I have seen but that is all

Man, everyone I know now has an ?Watch. Even my stylist got one for Christmas!