Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
Don, please provide a definition of a beach? I’ve seen beaches on both coasts, Europe and Australia and what I’ve seen is sand and water.

Well, whether it is a beach on the ocean, a sea, the gulf, Lake Michigan, an inland lake, or even along a river, if I am sitting on the beach in a chair, in the sun, it might be a time when not having to have phone with my watch would be nice. :). But not necessary! LOL

I've been to one state that is on the ocean and it has no beaches. Do you know where that is? It is New Jersey. In New Jersey they call it the "Shore" :)

Around here the beach is at the ocean or Gulf of Mexico. We differentiate it here from lakes and rivers as "water front" or "on the intracoastal" "Lake front" "River front"

Don, please provide a definition of a beach? I’ve seen beaches on both coasts, Europe and Australia and what I’ve seen is sand and water.

See above, but I have sand in my lower back yard next to a storm drain canal full of water. That is not a beach. :D

A lake front is not a beach! Of course if you never saw a real beach, how would you know? :D
A beach is pretty much anywhere where water meets a gently sloping shoreline.

It is alot like when people from the Eastern Seaboard see the Pacific Ocean surf for the first time and discover that there's nothing pacific about it.

Reactions: Foxbat
A beach is pretty much anywhere where water meets a gently sloping shoreline.

It is alot like when people from the Eastern Seaboard see the Pacific Ocean surf for the first time and discover that there's nothing pacific about it.

So when you plan a trip to the beach, do you go to the river or to the Pacific Ocean? :) Does your Apple watch even work west of Salem?

So when you plan a trip to the beach, do you go to the river or to the Pacific Ocean?
Either one. Some of our rivers have locations that are named as beaches. There's even a "nude beach" on the Columbia River.

Best nude beach in Oregon - Review of Rooster Rock State Park, Corbett, OR - TripAdvisor

On the coastline of the Pacific Northwet, the ocean water is just too cold to swim in with an average temperature in the low 50s.

Environmental ingress issues with the Apple Watch don't make it particularly compatible with outdoor usage so you'll usually see other, more dousable brands on the golf courses, in the stadiums and at the marinas.

I wonder how I missed that? Drove right by it in July. We stayed a little further east off I 84 at Cascade Locks. Strange people there. But we got a free dinner at the restaurant down the street because the guy at the hotel desk said to say he sent us there.

Actually, I retired from it voluntarily 10 years before I had my cardiac arrest incident. My last dive was a memorable experience. After that dive I sold all my mixed gas equipment, and most of my scuba diving and cave diving gear. It was a time when my focus was on running a video production business and that took all my time.

First Apple Watch 3 fail today. Would not work with Cyclemeter, the app I use for my workouts. The iPhone app was fine, but no heart rate, and no updating on the watch. Ended up rebooting the watch and then all was fine again. But only after an entire workout of frustration.

I wanted the stainless steel version with sapphire glass but it only comes with the cellular version and I don’t want to spend the extra $$$ for that version. I am kinda upset about this.
Hopefully there is a big enough sale this BF that makes me decide if I want to pick one up.

The aluminion version scratches too easily.

The difference is likely to be $70 less if they offered a GPS only version in SS. Consider the cost of $649 for the Cellular SS version it's not a big deal. If that $649 vs $579 is so important a difference, why not just get the Aluminum case with glass and then buy a $10 protection case cover for it? You don't have to activate the cell radio, for the $10 a month. I did but may cancel it myself since I really never have use for the cell connection. I did use it once but only to test inbound and outbound calling reliability, to understand how it worked.
It works very well but personally, I keep my iphone on me the same as my belt on my pants. When I get dressed in the morning, I wear my belt with three attachments- iphone case, airpod case, and Blackhawk CW case. With me all day. If I go out, I pick up my wallet and car keys. But, I do take and make all my phone calls with my watch. I developed that habit in a couple weeks after getting the watch0.

While the new watch 3 with wOS4 is great for monitoring my stocks with the custom app, it is not as easy to do a trade so that's about the only time I pull the iphone out. The watch3 is just so much faster, nothing gets stalled, even live weather radar.

If you really want the SS model, just go for it and I guarantee you won't have buyer's remorse over a $70 expense for something you'll have and not need it, but if you need it, you'll have it.

This whole “the aluminum version scratches too easily” is a serious myth. My original watch 0 doesn’t have a scratch on it, and I am rough on it. Plus the bulk of the aluminum is facing your wrist.

There is nothing to worry about, yet the aluminum watch is considerably less expensive

Mike- no doubt- How often do you wear your Aluminum watch while rock climbing, or doing construction type work? How often do you wear long sleeve shirts or a jacket that covers the watch? It all depends on your life style and what you do. Your idea of "rough" may be running while wearing it under a sweat shirt hoodie with long sleeves. :) People have been known to shatter the gorilla glass on the Aluminum models.

Not a long sleeve shirt in my closet. No jackets either. Had to buy some for my recent trip north to Alaska. My watch is always on and exposed to bumping into things. The SS on the corners has very tiny scratches but the sapphire glass is scratch free. Even my wife's Aluminum one has tiny scratches.

How often do you wear your Aluminum watch while rock climbing, or doing construction type work?
For what they're charging, the case should be made of titanium.

If they're going to market it as an exercise watch, one has to assume that exercise means more vigorous activity than mall-walking and shuffleboard.