Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 80.0%

• Total voters

kshaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 2, 2008
I have been a big fan of the Casio Protek watches for everything I do. It has a solar charge feature and I never have to replace batteries, it is very rugid, it is waterproof down to SCUBA depths, and it sychonizes time every night. That's all I need and it is under $300.

Reactions: navychop

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
I have been a big fan of the Casio Protek watches for everything I do. It has a solar charge feature and I never have to replace batteries, it is very rugid, it is waterproof down to SCUBA depths, and it sychonizes time every night. That's all I need and it is under $300.
Casio has been peddling solar atomic watches for 21 years but none of them are particularly smart (the alarm capability is pretty disappointing on the newer models and the Databank feature has been largely abandoned). The Casio Protrek is an in-your-face styled timepiece with some weather station features.

The Apple Watch is about as smart as watches get (though far from the only smart watch). It is a Personal Digital Assistant that arguably looks like it might have come out of a bubble gum machine.