Will you cancel Dish because of the new receiver pricing?

Stay or Cancel

• Stay with Dish (accept the price increase)

Votes: 243 69.0%
  • Cancel Dish (reject the price increase)

Votes: 109 31.0%

• Total voters
I think I am going to drop some channels. We watch HD 95% of the time and that is the only channels I am interested in. So, bring on the reciever fee increases and watch your Dish subs drop services Charlie.

I personally do not see how this is going to make Dish any money?

Looks like dish is going to lose people as fast as they get them.

hopefully faster, a nice big churn and shrinking sub numbers will get charlies attention. the moron who came up with this pricing scheme will get deservedly fired.

and E will begin a no fees sales spiel/

As charlie USED to say you asked for it you got it........

Well E you will be getting it, but you may not like what you get.

Are retention reps commisioned sales? Like bonuses for success?

JoeSp,
Even though they are no longer advertised, the HD-only TurboHD packages are still available. You just have to ask and be persistent.

What if the funniest thing about this whole thing is that the fees have always been JUST BECAUSE WE CAN FEES! I mean lets see the additional receiver fee was 5.00 for sd , 7.00 for hd. The tv 2 connection fee (pure made up crap) for 5.00 that you used to be able to AVOID if you plugged the phone or ethernet line into your receiver. The dvr service fee PER RECEIVER you used to not be able to Avoid for 5.98 is still there but is just included in the new Additional receiver fee /monthly charges. So lets roll all the bullsh*t fees , that DISH made up into one BIG ASS equipment fee , but thats not all. DISH then adds a whole house DVR fee of now $6.00 PER dvr ACCOUNT on top of all the other charges. So this entire price hike on equipment is because DISH is a group of greedy bastards and they hoped none of us would figure it out. Too late for that. I have thought DISH and the bean counters to be greedy a**holes ever since they started the DVR fee PER DVR RECEIVER.

But being greedy in tough economical times like these, you run the risk of causing churn and the worst part: BAD WORD OF MOUTH BY SUBS WHO LEAVE. So this will be the gift that keeps on hurting old Charlie and his greedy accountants. When the churn rate goes up and they sub numbers start dropping in quarter 2 and the amount of returns of expensive dvrs start flooding DISH, then Charlie will see the results. He will most likely not be making as much money as he is today. The reason why? Subs that stay will downgrade their programming and or return additional receivers to save money. This will make the average revenue spent per sub drop . It will also cause Echostar the sister company, to not sell a lot of duo dvr receivers ,because many subs will not have more than one now. But that might be what Charlie wants. He might want a flood of duo tuner dvrs to use in the upcoming receiver replacement DISH will have to do when they switch out all mpeg 2 receivers on western arc to mpeg4.

I really wish this were a public poll so we could check back in a few months with the 30% who said they would cancel Dish to see if they really did, and for the ones that did, are you happy overall with your new provider??

My guess is that it would be no on both accounts! :rolleyes:

Did you act yet? Or are you sill just running your mouth.

Talk is cheap Bob, put your money where your mouth is. :)

I am currently shopping my bill roll over is feb 13th and frankly I hope the inital churn will get E to reverse this decision.

On a personal note yesterday I worked near 14 hours, with a couple hundred miles of driving. I had no time and no energy for anything but work.

Scott do you mind if I use the satellite piggie as my signature?

The retailer I work for is hearing from our supplier that current customers will not see the price increase until July. This is not just a coincidence. It will be a test for E to try out these prices on new customers and make necessary changes as the end of July will roll out the next promotion and implement the new fee changes for existing customers.
Time will tell.

I am currently shopping my bill roll over is feb 13th and frankly I hope the inital churn will get E to reverse this decision.

On a personal note yesterday I worked near 14 hours, with a couple hundred miles of driving. I had no time and no energy for anything but work.

Scott do you mind if I use the satellite piggie as my signature?

Someone say dish pig?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

We're looking into OTA at the moment. The boss whom owns our rental is considering it as well. As for her business I hope for Dish Networks sake they don't slam them as well. I know of a number of hotels in the are that use them that are more than willing to pony up the money to have cable run to their establishments instead of taking a hit from Dish Notwork.

Maybe a lot of these hotels along with a lot of angry consumers will go for that new FTA offering coming out soon (the one with 20 channels).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)