Will you now get NFL-ST at $49 for the HD games?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
While it was good to hear that D* was listening, http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71817 , frankly I still won't pay for the package just to get the NFL-ST games in HD. What do you think is $49 worth it? I still won't sign up for NFL-ST or the Superfan package as long as D* is charging for the HD feeds.

Plenty of HD NFL without Sunday Ticket (most of it free OTA)

I won't pay the 50 bucks even though I can afford it. D* slapped me in the face once and came back and insulted me a second time. Its now cheaper to go to a bar and that is a very said considering no sports package should ever cost more than my bar tab. But I don't care that much because I always did enjoy eating 50 wings by myself with many ah beers.

Nope. People who have not had Sunday Ticket before still get the $99 charge since the $49 one is for ST renewals. So something that was free last season now costs new customers $99, and renewing customers pay $49, and that is on top of the charge for the package itself. OTA is the way to go for me. And as I get older, I care less and less about the NFL anyway.

bingo. If I got it for $49, I *might* pull the trigger. At $99 as a new sub - forget it.

Still a ripoff!

The bottom line is they are still slapping everyone in the face! :mad: Seriously, last year the HD was free with a ST sub. Then, the ST sub goes up in price AND they stick a $99 price tag for the HD games and some interactive BS that none of us have recievers for. Once they feel the crunch of the NO ND TAX website, they dropped the HD price to $49.

Now remember the lie we were told? The $99 came about because of the NFL, not D*. Can you smell the BS? It would take a personal face to face visit from the NFL commissioner himself for me to believe that the NFL first placed that $99 charge on D*'s "superfan" pack and then cut that price in half.

I would expect the lies from other companies, but D* has been fairly straight forward to this point and I must admit that I am concerned that this type of deceit could continue in the future. Seriously, what will the next lie be about? What will the next HD tax be?

If anyone signs up for the superfan pack at $49, you are just saying to D* that you don't mind being screwed, you just wanted a little foreplay first. :shh Oh no he didn't!

cr0mag said:
The bottom line is they are still slapping everyone in the face! :mad: Seriously, last year the HD was free with a ST sub. Then, the ST sub goes up in price AND they stick a $99 price tag for the HD games and some interactive BS that none of us have recievers for. Once they feel the crunch of the NO ND TAX website, they dropped the HD price to $49.

Now remember the lie we were told? The $99 came about because of the NFL, not D*. Can you smell the BS? It would take a personal face to face visit from the NFL commissioner himself for me to believe that the NFL first placed that $99 charge on D*'s "superfan" pack and then cut that price in half.

I would expect the lies from other companies, but D* has been fairly straight forward to this point and I must admit that I am concerned that this type of deceit could continue in the future. Seriously, what will the next lie be about? What will the next HD tax be?

If anyone signs up for the superfan pack at $49, you are just saying to D* that you don't mind being screwed, you just wanted a little foreplay first. :shh Oh no he didn't!

Not to mention the BS about the increase being for the new interactive features. Which as we all know aren't even available on a HD receiver!

hell no, I've been a ST purchaser for the last 5 years. And to me this is a big smack in the face.

I cancelled ST all-together, and dropped their shiddy HD programming package as also. The only reason I bought a HD box is because I wanted ST in HD, You would think only getting 4 or 5 channels in HD was rediculous, but now not only did I have that package just because I figured If I had Sunday Ticket I needed the package to ge the games in HD. Their is going to be alot of PO'ed people

They just lost 10.99 for the HD package a month from me and my 199.99 for the Sunday ticket.

a full Year that turns out to be

331.87 without tax.

Not only that but since I bought a HD box I have to be with them for 6 more months, because of recommitment for the HD box. After the 6 months I am dropping them totally. I've been a great customer with them for 5 years and they are now trying to ase rape me.

Add on another 75 a month and they are losing.

1231.87 a year without taxes. F Directv, they have lost a good customer.

Nope, I am cancelling all D*tv services. I have been a customer for 10+ years and this kick to the ba**'s was enough to push me to cable.

rstettne said:
Nope, I am cancelling all D*tv services. I have been a customer for 10+ years and this kick to the ba**'s was enough to push me to cable.

same here. once my year is up next month, and unless this "huge announcement" is amazing, I'm switching to cable.

If I cancel DirecTV my HD receiver will still work for OTA, right?

[SoapBox]
I bought a HD receiver in the first place because it was the same cost as a decent OTA tuner. Only mistake in that thought process is that annoying 1 year hitch I got stuck with because I decided to spend more money with D*. I didn't mind the $10.99 monthly for the HD pack when I actually thought that there would be more channels, but damn it, where are they? Surely I'm not the only one wondering why I'm spending $132 per year just for 5 channels?

D*, this is your notice... I will drop you like a bad habit when that damn year long servitude is up and run to the first competitor that has a better deal for me unless you wake up and smell your own BS.3

If my local cable co. would just get all of the locals in HD, I'd sell all of my D* stuff and be able to pay for 6-8 months of cable service with the money I'd get. And guess what... If I decided to drop cable there would be no 1 year commitment.

The worst part of all of this is that one year ago I would have never considered jumping off of the D* ship. I over looked having to buy recievers and install ugly dishes on my house. I even overlooked the 1 year committments because "Hey, I'll be with D* for years. Who would want to drop them?"

I'll bet that there are quite a few others of you out there feeling the same way...
[/SoapBox]

cr0mag said:
I'll bet that there are quite a few others of you out there feeling the same way...

Yep, I've had Comcast with a 6412 installed for over a month now with D* cut back to TC from TCP. D* has until July to make a knock your socks off announcement or there will most likely be only one provider in my house. The only thing holding me back is the Tivo's, the 6412 is OK but it's sure not a Tivo.

I'm not buying for $99 or $49. And unless they knock my socks off with all this new HD when the new birds start to broadcast I'm done completely.

towelie said:
same here. once my year is up next month, and unless this "huge announcement" is amazing, I'm switching to cable.

Same boat. I need to see something amazing not to split.

The annoying thing is Cox cable charges an arm and a leg to get multiple TVs hooked up.

I agree. Unless there is a big change, I'm going back to cable in the fall. I get more consistently reliable reception (especially OTA HD channels) with cable. With my antenna, I never know if I'm going to get good reception for the "big game".

I have downgraded to the TC package (not even TC+) and I have no intention of raising my sub level unless two things happen.

First and most important: The HD NFL games need to be removed from ANY premium pack (including the HD Pack) and offered to ALL NFL ST subs. That will get me back on board with NFL ST

Second: I will not go back to any higher level of programming until it has value. In order for D* to provide value, they could (should) roll the HD Pack into TC Premier at no additional cost. Also they need to use some of this new capacity and MPEG4 technology to decompress their current offering.

That is what it will take to restore my faith ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.