Will you now get NFL-ST at $49 for the HD games?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
towelie said:
same here. once my year is up next month, and unless this "huge announcement" is amazing, I'm switching to cable.

If I cancel DirecTV my HD receiver will still work for OTA, right?

I have posted the same thing as above in several threads. Im waiting for an announcement of some new HD ...but Im afraid that the pricetag that comes along with it will push me out the door. I'm probably on my way to cable or DIsh.

vinnyv07 said:
I have posted the same thing as above in several threads. Im waiting for an announcement of some new HD ...but Im afraid that the pricetag that comes along with it will push me out the door. I'm probably on my way to cable or DIsh.

I am not E* bashing here but you would be better off with cable. I have had D*, E*, V* & Cable and on TV's 30" an less I do not see a difference between sat & cable. The hardware that E* has is enough to make a sane man kill himself ... that is the only edge D* has that I am aware. As much as I hate to say it, if D* doe not repeal this decision I may be gone too, they would really need to impress me with these new birds to get me from the track they have put me on. My commit is up in AUGUST and with no ST ... there is not much to make me hang on.

EDIT: I hate cable converters more than anything, what a waste of space. But with my new 55" Mitsu ... I have a dual tuner cable card, woohoo!

I always said it was D* and not the NFL, we should get someone involved to have the NFL ST with other companies, D* is trying to monopolize.

Slashwt said:
I always said it was D* and not the NFL, we should get someone involved to have the NFL ST with other companies, D* is trying to monopolize.

...and through what was it, $2.5B, they own it though 2010 ...

I hate how Directv has the monopoly on ST, and how they think whatever they charge people will pay. I used to think that Directv was this great company, but now that they charge for ST HD content it is still a big turnoff. Maybe they need to lose a few hundred customers to make a difference.

slacker9876 said:
I am not E* bashing here but you would be better off with cable. I have had D*, E*, V* & Cable and on TV's 30" an less I do not see a difference between sat & cable. The hardware that E* has is enough to make a sane man kill himself ... that is the only edge D* has that I am aware. As much as I hate to say it, if D* doe not repeal this decision I may be gone too, they would really need to impress me with these new birds to get me from the track they have put me on.
Yes...I have never been a sub to Dish but I have heard their hardware is really bad. I cant afford the newest HD DVR so I would have to buy a 811 or at the least rent one out from Dish as a new customer. I sure dont want to buy anything since MPEG 4 is around the corner. Being a former VOOM sub I miss MonstersHD alot and I miss the amount of HD ch's that I used to scan through. Dish has alot of HD and TWC has more than Direct mainly INHD1 and 2 and TNTHD. I'm waiting for Direct to make some kind of announcement but Im itching to jump.

Many folks at TCF are report that D* is issuing the standard $20/mo for 6 months, bringing the cost to $198 ... certainly they can make it up in interest. LOL, I would hit this, but it is not about the money for me, it is the principle.

Well i wont pay. I have been a sub since 99 st since 2000. Its a good service but getting to costly. I am trying comcast now they had a decent offer I have one hd box in its pretty kool all of my locals plus 14hd stations. Real plus all my local teams(Phills,FLyers,Sixers all in HD) more bang for your buck.

My only fear is rigth around August i wll get the NFL itch(Yikes) :D That will be the test. I think DTV in the long run may have more HD. I would like to see comcat get ESPN2 and TNT in hd i would not have to look at there crappy analog stations. Oh well.

LonghornXP said:
I won't pay the 50 bucks even though I can afford it. D* slapped me in the face once and came back and insulted me a second time. Its now cheaper to go to a bar and that is a very said considering no sports package should ever cost more than my bar tab. But I don't care that much because I always did enjoy eating 50 wings by myself with many ah beers.

wah wah, directv slapped me in the face, what a joke.

you go to AVS and slap Ken H in the face not once, not twice, but many times.

why? because the guy made a simple mistake.

your a joke, longhorn, a complete joke.

Back to topic... In our search for possible replacement subscriptions, has anyone considered going to a BUD? or something like it? I've read a little about 4dtv and big dish systems, but I don't know enough even to know what I'm looking at yet.

Well for me I will not pay extra for what was free last year. I am having cable installed today and cutting back my D* service to a minimum untill my 1 year obligation is up, unless D* has some MAJOR news soon on HD.

category4 said:
Well for me I will not pay extra for what was free last year. I am having cable installed today and cutting back my D* service to a minimum untill my 1 year obligation is up, unless D* has some MAJOR news soon on HD.
That is the ship I plan to sail too. My commit is up in August so the "June" announcement had better be pretty good. My only problem is that Comcast HD will not hit my market before November this year ... man the thought of switching just makes me sick. It is why I purchased a TV with CableCard compatability though. I guess I wont know more until D* say more, but I'll not be subbing to the NFL ST at all this season.

The buzz that I've seen is that the June announcement will be pushed back due to the delay in launching the SpaceWay 2 satellite. ARG!

Just say no!

I hope you guys remember what standing up for your convictions means?? DirecTV just called me today and offered the 'superfan' for $49 and I said no. They said they would take off $5 for the next 6 months on programming and I said no. EVEN if they said, we'll wave your $99 for this year to get you to sign up for superfan, I would say, NO!!! Not until the 'superfan' is removed will I return to DTV. We have to send a message. If you say yes to $49 this year, you'll be paying $99 or MORE next year and every year after that. The price of ST has never gone lower, just higher! At the rate ST has been increasing, it will be over $400 in just a matter of a few years....Say no to the NFL and DTV! Say, no to the 'superfan' at all costs.

I don't think most of us care that they want more money for the interactive features. Heck, if someone wants to pay that I am fine with it.
The problem we are addressing here is the HD games being included in this pack.

Given that DirecTV inscreased the price of the base subscription ... I too would EXPECT Superfan to be free, if not, what is with the price increase?!?!?!

If we don't make a stand here will D* think they can charge for a TNT-HD feed, a Starz or Cinemax-HD feed (heck I'm ticked that I have to pay for the ESPN-HD feed when I've already paid for content). Cable's looking better all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts