Willow TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
Hi,

Has anyone subscribed to Willow TV?

I had a few questions - I saw on the DirecTV website that I'd possibly need a 2nd dish for that channel - does anyone know if you need a 2nd dish or you can receive the channel on the standard dish?
Also, is it available a la carte, if I have signed up to a basic package - choice, or choie extra?

If anyone has it, is it any good? Decent content and pq?

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Never heard of it, you sure it's on D* ?

edit:
Ok, found out a little more about it, didn't know it was Cricket ...
More than likely it's in the International package thru D*.

Not sure what Sat location they are using anymore, use to be thier own at the 95 orbital slot witch required a separate dish, but that has changed.

i did install an international dish a few years ago just so i could watch cricket. but it looked like on dtv's web page that the second dish wasn no longer needed for cricket programming.

I was just about to get it a couple of months ago and was told I needed a dish upgrade...they said it was very cheap ($20 comes to mind) but I just couldn't be bothered to get it done at the time as it meant finding a day off work etc.

One of my friends has it however - he got the required dish installed from the start about 6 months ago. I have watched the cricket there and pq is very good...overall programming is good so if you like your cricket like me (I'm South Africa) then go for it.

And to answer your other question, yes I believe you can add it a la carte and does not require you to have other programming.

Thanks,
Rick

I was just about to get it a couple of months ago and was told I needed a dish upgrade...they said it was very cheap ($20 comes to mind) but I just couldn't be bothered to get it done at the time as it meant finding a day off work etc.

One of my friends has it however - he got the required dish installed from the start about 6 months ago. I have watched the cricket there and pq is very good...overall programming is good so if you like your cricket like me (I'm South Africa) then go for it.

And to answer your other question, yes I believe you can add it a la carte and does not require you to have other programming.

Thanks,
Rick

I'm not so sure about the last part you posted.
YES, you can get it ala carte, a few items are available that way
However, I doubt that you can get it alone without any other programming package.

Can I order an international package without a base programming package?

No, you need to subscribe to a base package to add an international package. Choose from two base packages designed especially for our international customers: DIRECTV BASIC and PREFERRED CHOICE™. You can also add an international package to any English or Spanish base package.

This verified what I posted earlier.

Thanks Charper

all the cricket is available on the main and side dish setup (not sure what to call it); it is on the MAIN dish setup on chnl 497 (or is it 479?)

DirecTV USA on DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W - LyngSat

Are there any special requirements to purchase cricket?
No, all games can be viewed on channel 497 for the General Market dish customers

So they moved the International programs over to the 101 ...
Thus making them available to all with D*.
No special dish location for them anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)