win directv for life sweepstakes

I get those rumors right now from all the finance newsletters I receive, thought Ergan would hold off till after this year to get a better deal after all the ST subscribers left.

By the way, they list the stock as a strong buy ( this is public info also), but I would not touch it or any other video provider, streaming or Traditional, the next two years is a make it or break it for them, after the two years are up, we should know what the future will look like for receiving content.
If Ergen wants Dish Network to continue his last satellite will run out of fuel in 2025. He could have Dish Network continue until 2034 if he buys DTV. Unless he changes his mind and sees satellite TV is not the future? However, by the time the integration is done would it be by the time DTV's last satellite runs out of fuel anyway?

If Ergen wants Dish Network to continue his last satellite will run out of fuel in 2025. He could have Dish Network continue until 2034 if he buys DTV. Unless he changes his mind and sees satellite TV is not the future? However, by the time the integration is done would it be by the time DTV's last satellite runs out of fuel anyway?
Do you have a link for this?

I still don't see how a merger can happen. The two systems aren't particularly compatible on multiple fronts. Ergen has put all his eggs (and debt) into the 5G plan. Why in the world would he want to pay to get another dying Sat company? I'd ponder whether Directv Sat just stops all together and they move on merely as a streaming service. If anyone were to benefit from Directv, I'd wonder if Starlink would be the company... not for the Sats, but the programming. There is a decent Venn Diagram overlap between people who don't benefit from Directv closing the Sat side of things and people that benefit most from StarLink.

Don't satellites only have enough fuel to only last 15 years?

If you click on each Satellite for Dish, a lot of them have Mission Duration on them, which a few have exceeded, but a lot have not.

On some of DirecTV’s Sats it says it also, but not all, for example for T14 is says-The satellite has a design life of 15 years.

I still don't see how a merger can happen. The two systems aren't particularly compatible on multiple fronts. Ergen has put all his eggs (and debt) into the 5G plan. Why in the world would he want to pay to get another dying Sat company?
I cannot see it either, too much costs involved , it would have to be some kind of merger, not a buyout, but TPG Capital is going to want to get paid and that will be Billions for that 30% investment.

Dish does not have much cash on hand ( $900 Million and is trying to raise money right now), doubtful AT&T want to toss more cash at it, specially since cash on hand is only $2.423 Billion.

So, that means the Banks (Loans), who I doubt want to give money to dying Satellite Companies, even at a high interest rate.

Then they will need Billions to merge the two companies and infuse them with some capital to keep running.
I'd ponder whether Directv Sat just stops all together and they move on merely as a streaming service.
DirecTV Stream is not lighting the world on fire, it only has about a million subscribers, now compare that with YTTV, rumored to be at 6 Million ( had over 5 Million in July 2022).

Reactions: Yespage
Here is a crazy question, would DIrectv Stream over Starlink be considered Sat TV or IPTV (both?), as far as programming rights?

I cannot see it either, too much costs involved , it would have to be some kind of merger, not a buyout, but TPG Capital is going to want to get paid and that will be Billions for that 30% investment.

Dish does not have much cash on hand ( $900 Million and is trying to raise money right now), doubtful AT&T want to toss more cash at it, specially since cash on hand is only $2.423 Billion.

So, that means the Banks (Loans), who I doubt want to give money to dying Satellite Companies, even at a high interest rate.

Then they will need Billions to merge the two companies and infuse them with some capital to keep running.

DirecTV Stream is not lighting the world on fire, it only has about a million subscribers, now compare that with YTTV, rumored to be at 6 Million ( had over 5 Million in July 2022).
A person over at the other forum or maybe this forum thinks Dish Network hardware can be made with a software update to work with the DTV satellites. However, I think with DTV doing some updates like Signal Saver, the updated APP and the Gemini that it doesn't need to merge with Dish Network. Also, there might be more channel blackouts under Dish ownership.

However, you are right with the costs in merging their systems would they want to go through that all over again?

A person over at the other forum or maybe this forum thinks Dish Network hardware can be made with a software update to work with the DTV satellites.
If so, that means Dish will need, at least, about 20 Million Hopper and Joeys for DirecTV subs, not just for the single Box Households, but the multi-boxes also, imagine the costs.

Then the expense of sending installers out to exchange and exchange the dishes, it costs Dish/DirecTV about $600-800 on each new install, similar costs will be involved with a switch over.

That is why I said they will need Billions in capital to run a combined company, neither of them has that right now.

I really doubt, even if available, they want to get loans from the banks right now with the high rates.

There was a reason why we seen so many mergers before, interest rates were extremely low, it was a no brainer for Disney to buy Fox for example, those days are gone.
However, I think with DTV doing some updates like Signal Saver, the updated APP and the Gemini that it doesn't need to merge with Dish Network. Also, there might be more channel blackouts under Dish ownership.
If a merger does happen, say goodbye to the RSNs when the contracts are due to be renewed.

If so, that means Dish will need, at least, about 20 Million Hopper and Joeys for DirecTV subs, not just for the single Box Households, but the multi-boxes also, imagine the costs.

Then the expense of sending installers out to exchange and exchange the dishes, it costs Dish/DirecTV about $600-800 on each new install, similar costs will be involved with a switch over.

That is why I said they will need Billions in capital to run a combined company, neither of them has that right now.

I really doubt, even if available, they want to get loans from the banks right now with the high rates.

There was a reason why we seen so many mergers before, interest rates were extremely low, it was a no brainer for Disney to buy Fox for example, those days are gone.

If a merger does happen, say goodbye to the RSNs when the contracts are due to be renewed.
They wouldn't need to send the installers out just send out for the update. They could just send out the update over their network.

They wouldn't need to send the installers out just send out for the update. They could just send out the update over their network.
Are DirecTVs dishes compatible with Dish Network‘s Receivers, the LNB for example, since Dish Network’s Satellites are older then DirecTV, would they not have to re-aim the Dish, are Dish Networks dishes ( LNB, switches, whatever) compatible with DirecTV Sats, if you move DirecTVs Sats to Dish’s orbital slots, then the DirecTV’s dishes have to be re-aimed.

See, lots of expense and questions.

The channel incompatibility I think is the biggest issue. Unless they continue running on the separate agreements under one umbrella until they expire... but again, why would Dish want that headache?

Are DirecTVs dishes compatible with Dish Network‘s Receivers, the LNB for example, since Dish Network’s Satellites are older then DirecTV, would they not have to re-aim the Dish, are Dish Networks dishes ( LNB, switches, whatever) compatible with DirecTV Sats, if you move DirecTVs Sats to Dish’s orbital slots, then the DirecTV’s dishes have to be re-aimed.

See, lots of expense and questions.
I think the person in the other forum said everything on the DTV side would stay the same and they would just need to download the software update to the Dish Network boxes. I forgot I think he said they would have to send the Dish Network technicians out to re-aim the Dish to work with the DTV satellites. Not sure how much that would cost. Plus, by the time they got everything integrated would the last DTV satellite run out of fuel anyway?

Not sure how much that would cost.
Well, it costs $600 at least for every new install, so if we say $300 times 10 million, that is 3 billion.
Plus, by the time they got everything integrated would the last DTV satellite run out of fuel anyway?
Dish Satellites are older, them first.

this new company has been doing a lot of these sweepstakes recently

win a trip to the Super Bowl
win a trip to LV (march madness)
win a trip to MLB ASG (all star game in Seattle this summer)

win D* for life
win D* for life part 2

im sure there is one im missing lol

this new company has been doing a lot of these sweepstakes recently

win a trip to the Super Bowl
win a trip to LV (march madness)
win a trip to MLB ASG (all star game in Seattle this summer)

win D* for life
win D* for life part 2

im sure there is one im missing lol
they havent said the winner yet that i know of