Win7 Sat Guys phone app

Not rocket science here there more money to be made to write apps for Droid and Windows Phone 7 when there are more of those devices out there on the market which means developers will get their apps onto more phones... Droid right now in the lead simply due to there are more Droid devices and they been out on the market longer which means allot of apps are written for them. Now with Microsoft making a hard push they are starting to get more devices out there which means you write a app for them that more money to be made. HTC leading everyone as far the Hardware Manufacture they just passed Nokia by Billion dollars last week but HTC,Nokia are the top 2 as far as cell phone manufactures.. Now Nokia will be coming out with many Windows Phone 7 devices just like HTC is and Driod and Windows Phone 7 will have the most devices out.. Which means more and more things will be written for Windows Phone 7 due to you will be able to get your app out more on more devices due to there is more and more money for developers as well.. It's already been showed that the Marketplace for Windows Phone 7 is at a faster growing rate than Droid was... Also with Nokia who is the largest phone manufacture on the planet will be coming out with more Windows Phone 7 devices this will give some good competition between them and HTC... I think right now it's way to early for anyone to say that Windows Phone is a distant memory and with the Marketplace growth and the top 2 manufactures in the game getting involved with Microsoft. Plus the investment they are making along with the backing Microsoft where money not a issue in the long run at this point I think it's going to do well.. But right now their at the early stages of something that most likely going to be big. Just my 2 cents.. :)

So why do you think Windows Phone will be so huge? Nokia may be the largest handset manufacture but look at what they put out. Cheap junk. That’s why they sell so many, it’s easy to be #1 when you give your stuff away for free or charge next to nothing. And in the US, Nokia is all but irrelevant. As for HTC, yeah they have Windows Phone 7 devices, but they had some Windows Mobile 6 phones out and that didn’t make Windows Mobile Smartphones all that hot. I don’t know why you keep denying the fact a Microsoft Mobile platform will NEVER EVER take off. All previous attempts (and there’s been enough of them) have been massive failures and there’s nothing that says this won’t be another one. There is no interest in Windows Phones, there’s no ‘must have’ handset, infact they are all mediocre at best. I’ve played with WP7 devices and think they just plain suck. All flash, no substance. And that Tile UI is the most retarded thing I’ve had the displeasure of ever using.

Nokia sells a lot of Symbian and feature phones in Europe and the developing countries. Their US Market share has been dropping. The deal with Microsoft is a calcualted gamble. they knew that Symbian was dting and if they were going to cash in on the smartphone market they needed to become just another Android maker or the "premier" Windows Phone 7 manufacturere. They chose the latter. But it will take awhile before they increase their US market share------and one obstqacle is the slow pace of updates to WP7 and the fact that many phones have been bricked by some of the updates.

The deal with Microsoft is a calcualted gamble.
I think this is a very good way to put it.
The mobile strategy of both as well as the deal itself got nothing but bad publicity.

So, almost any outcome short of both of them quitting the smartphone market altogether will be considered a success...:)

I believe it is too early to write these two off...

Diogen.

Only good piece of hardware MS ever made was the IntelliMouse Pro.
Apple has shown that software is at least as important as hardware in the smartphone game. Leave the hardware to Nokia or other partners like HTC...

Win7 and IE9 show that MS still can do software.
If they can have a scaling - from phones to servers - platform with Win8 I think they might do better by 2015 than IDC/Gartner predict.

Diogen.

diogen said:
Apple has shown that software is at least as important as hardware in the smartphone game. Leave the hardware to Nokia or other partners like HTC...

Win7 and IE9 show that MS still can do software.
If they can have a scaling - from phones to servers - platform with Win8 I think they might do better by 2015 than IDC/Gartner predict.

Diogen.

IE 9 isn't that great. Win 7 is an improvement on Vista but still has work to do.

Count me in for WP7 phone app for satelliteguys. I got HTC Arrive and just loving the OS and Phone.

WP7 what a joke... its like the iphone four years ago except with the 3g. Hmmm.... who wants to downgrade to that?

I haven't seen one WP7 in someones hands yet and I see a lot of phones during work hours.

WP7 what a joke... its like the iphone four years ago except with the 3g. Hmmm.... who wants to downgrade to that?

I haven't seen one WP7 in someones hands yet and I see a lot of phones during work hours.

So you come to troll the WP7 thread. ;)

To each his own when it comes to phones. I like my WP7. So does my son and we switched from I-Phones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts