Windows 10 installed

I have updated two laptops to Windows 10. The updates were seamless and uneventful. I have a ton of software installed on my primary laptop, so I was really nervous about the update. Surprisingly everything works fine after the update. No compatibility issues so far! I just need to get used to the new UI and the Edge browser, which shouldn't be too difficult: the new UI: is pretty intuitive.

On my ASUS tablet the update kept failing for some reason. So, I followed the recommendation found on the Internet:
Deleted everything in: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
And then ran admin command prompt in c:\windows\system32 and typed wuauclt.exe /updatenow
That helped! The tablet is now running Windows 10 too!

I have updated two laptops to Windows 10. The updates were seamless and uneventful. I have a ton of software installed on my primary laptop, so I was really nervous about the update. Surprisingly everything works fine after the update. No compatibility issues so far! I just need to get used to the new UI and the Edge browser, which shouldn't be too difficult: the new UI: is pretty intuitive.

On my ASUS tablet the update kept failing for some reason. So, I followed the recommendation found on the Internet:
Deleted everything in: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
And then ran admin command prompt in c:\windows\system32 and typed wuauclt.exe /updatenow
That helped! The tablet is now running Windows 10 too!

This got me thinking. Are people actually using Microsoft's new browser now? I never even thought about switching browsers when I made the upgrade.

I have been using Firefox for as long as I can remember (probably around 10 years) and it has always worked well for me. When I upgraded to Windows 10 I unpinned Edge from the task bar and continued using Firefox like I always have. I can't bash Internet Explorer with any authority anymore because, like I said, I haven't been using it for about a decade. They were way behind when I switched though. Have they finally caught up to alternatives like Firefox and Chrome?

The majority of people using Windows 10 here at SatelliteGuys are using Google Chrome to access the site.

That's interesting to know. I do most of my Sat Guys browsing at the office where we are still on Windows 7. When I'm at home it's Windows 10 and Firefox for me though.

I attempted to use Edge but it didn't recognize Firefox so I could import my favorites. I did the custom install and made sure that FF remained the default browser. So far Edge fails to impress. I'm staying with FF.

I do most of my Sat Guys browsing at the office where we are still on Windows 7.

I just asked one of our IT admins when we were going to take advantage of the free upgrade, and he said, "Are you kidding? Probably 2025. We're still trying to get W7 stable." :rolleyes I should still be alive then, but probably retired.

Reactions: Foxbat
I use IE simply because it has all of my cookies and because I haven't figured out yet how to integrate my password manager with Edge - once I figure it out I will be experimenting with Edge much more.

Windows 10 is possibly the worst spyware ever made

http://www.networkworld.com/article...-privacy-spyware-settings-user-agreement.html

I am starting to realize about the "free" part. What a great revenue stream reselling user's demographics. 90% of users wont have a clue as how to turn this stuff of. And Cortana is useless without the spy features apparently.

Having the users stream updates instead of Akamai probably saves some serious costs too.

This got me thinking. Are people actually using Microsoft's new browser now? I never even thought about switching browsers when I made the upgrade.
His post made think that maybe he believes other browsers won't work on Windows 10. That, or it's a "corporate" requirement to use Microsoft's browser, but knowing how most companies work, they won't adapt for Edge for 5 years (and why MS includes IE, if I'm not mistaken - no idea what version it is though).

Just launched it -- had to search for it as it's not in the Start Menu. It's IE 11.

I'm not sure if to roll back to WIN7 here at work. PCs and laptops all running great at home, but my office PC not so much. Slow boot up, lag here and there. Have tried what I know and some new suggestions but still the same. I would do a clean install if it wasn't for the machines from the shop communicating with this PC,plus the company network. At the time of the upgrade I had issues with one PC communicating with mine. Clean install would give me a set of problems I have no time to deal with.

I had only 1 problem going back to 7 with their automated process. It corrupted my Windows live mail 2012 database. It first created bad copies of my e-mail and then deleted all my e-mail. It gave a corrupted database message every time I loaded the program. I probably could get them back with my backup, but I didn't lose anything important.
I had to delete Live mail and re-install it.

The majority of people using Windows 10 here at SatelliteGuys are using Google Chrome to access the site.
I would not be so certain. I am using edge, and it shows as chrome on here.

Edit: I see that it now shows as edge. For the first few days it did not.

I do not know. After several days using edge to give it a fair shot, I have it as my default for now. It is very fast, and I have had no issues with the things I normally use a browser for, at least not yet.

Before this I used Chrome on my work pc and IE on my tablet. I have tried firefox before but was never all that impressed, or enough to swap to it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)