Windows 7 ?'s

I'm already using two hard drives, I figured I would have to swap out the main hard drives for either XP or 7.

I was thinking of doing some dual boot....but not sure what to do yet. I hate putting two operating systems on the same drive though...even if partitioned. I already have a .5TB and 1TB in this PC and have plenty of room for more drives. So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method. Keeps things clean and I don't have to modify anything. Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install. So I might just go to Win7 and let it eat. I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...

I was thinking of doing some dual boot....but not sure what to do yet. I hate putting two operating systems on the same drive though...even if partitioned. I already have a .5TB and 1TB in this PC and have plenty of room for more drives. So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method. Keeps things clean and I don't have to modify anything. Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install. So I might just go to Win7 and let it eat. I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...

I'm not that lucky. I have a spare 120Gig hanging around. But my XP is only 60 Gig, no room to partition. I wish I could hook up three HDs.

So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method.
That's a good idea.
Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install.
Unlike XP, both - Vista and Windows 7 - would re-issue drive letters during bootup and the system drive will always be C:
I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...
Could well be.
There is no workaround yet that I know to load unsigned drivers under 64bit Win7 (for good).
But if no drivers are needed - you should have less problems with non-native programs on Win7 than you had on Vista.

Diogen.

I did a dual boot with vista on c and 7 on d drive with my acer lap top .so far so good .Windows 7 looks a lot like vista with an xp mix.Whats up with the snipping tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)