Windows 7 ?'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm already using two hard drives, I figured I would have to swap out the main hard drives for either XP or 7.

I was thinking of doing some dual boot....but not sure what to do yet. I hate putting two operating systems on the same drive though...even if partitioned. I already have a .5TB and 1TB in this PC and have plenty of room for more drives. So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method. Keeps things clean and I don't have to modify anything. Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install. So I might just go to Win7 and let it eat. I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...

I was thinking of doing some dual boot....but not sure what to do yet. I hate putting two operating systems on the same drive though...even if partitioned. I already have a .5TB and 1TB in this PC and have plenty of room for more drives. So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method. Keeps things clean and I don't have to modify anything. Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install. So I might just go to Win7 and let it eat. I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...

I'm not that lucky. I have a spare 120Gig hanging around. But my XP is only 60 Gig, no room to partition. I wish I could hook up three HDs.

So I might just slap the 320 SATA in and boot to it via the BIOS swap method.
That's a good idea.
Not sure what the drive letters would come up as and don't want to flip out my XP install.
Unlike XP, both - Vista and Windows 7 - would re-issue drive letters during bootup and the system drive will always be C:
I'm just worried I'll run into an issue with the 64bit or Win7 or something with an app I need to use in a month or two and it would be a pain to swap back to XP. Decisions...decisions...
Could well be.
There is no workaround yet that I know to load unsigned drivers under 64bit Win7 (for good).
But if no drivers are needed - you should have less problems with non-native programs on Win7 than you had on Vista.

Diogen.

I did a dual boot with vista on c and 7 on d drive with my acer lap top .so far so good .Windows 7 looks a lot like vista with an xp mix.Whats up with the snipping tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts