Windows 8.1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
People were saying "an update" was bringing it back. To me, that means 8.2 or 8.1.5. I wouldn't call Win 9 an update though ! :p

People were saying "an update" was bringing it back. To me, that means 8.2 or 8.1.5. I wouldn't call Win 9 an update though ! :p

Indications now is that they are putting it off until windows 9. I guess that will be the carrot to upgrade...

Indications now is that they are putting it off until windows 9. I guess that will be the carrot to upgrade...
As 9 is an odd numbered version, it stands a reasonable chance of not being a failure. DOS 6, Windows 98se and Windows 2000 were the only even numbered Microsoft operating systems that didn't stink on ice.

I just right-mouse click on the Windows icon in the lower-left and up pops enough of the "start" menu that I can do what I need in Windows 8.x, but I think 8.1 would be livable if someone forced a Surface 3 at me.

I even tried it on a desktop just to see if we'd face a user revolt if we tried pushing it out with the new desktop deployments. After playing with it a week, I re-imaged the PC with Windows 7. I just can't shake the Windows 2.0 look of the flattened GUI. I just don't know why every other GUI decided to become more like Windows Phone/Win 8/Metro (yes, I'm looking at you, iOS!)

Add OSX to the list of flattened UI's! Yosemite is very flat and very pale. I don't like it at all.

As to Win8.1, well I've got a Surface Pro and find it very good there as a tablet. I've gotten very used to the 'modern UI' and its tiles.

On the desktop, those Modern UI apps are a bit overwhelming on this 23" HP all-in-one, but using desktop apps is just as good/bad as it always was. Once I'm using the apps, the OS UI is less of a concern.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

I've got a bitch about 8.1 I dropped my 30G iPod the other day and it hiccupped. I tried to sync it on my 8.1 machine but iTunes didn't recognize it and I got a popup from Windows saying there was a disk problem and to tap the icon to fix it. It then said it completed the scan and found no problems. I then ran chkdsk/f on it and again it came back clean. I was ready to order a new one but decided to try it on my Windows 7 machine. I ran chkdsk/f on that machine and it found a bad sector as well as some orphan clusters and after fixing things the iPod is back up.

This iPod has lasted for 6+ years of jogging and general use and still plays fine. I used to go thru a yellow Sony Walkman every 6 months because the earphone jack would weaken and corrode and there is nothing more aggravating to me than the sound cutting in and out while listening to music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)