Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

Last edited:
Wow, not even a year and they've instituted fire sale pricing.

You might want to build up some expertise outside of stuff from Redmond WA. ;)

I deal with most everything but more in what most people use with is base out of Redmond. The other 2 companies right now are mainly making their income off their mobile devices which there not allot too them. So with them there not too much there to deal with besides phones for the most part.. :)

I deal with most everything but more in what most people use with is base out of Redmond. The other 2 companies right now are mainly making their income off their mobile devices which there not allot too them. So with them there not too much there to deal with besides phones for the most part.. :)

Sorry to disappoint you, I wasn't talking about phones... This isn't the phone section after all.

Pouring an awful lot of gas on the fire to promote something that won't burn on its own?

I don't think that's a issues overall it seems they have not done to bad on the sells side of things in such a early stage.

Windows 8, not so great...

So says Samsung.

Samsung exec: Surface isn't selling; Windows 8 no improvement

Samsung is in a position to know what's going on ad they are both a manufacturer and a supplier throughout the industry.

I think the massive price cut at the OEM level is a symptom of the general market ambivalence towards Win8.

I'm sure Poke will be along soon, fingers in his ears shouting lalalalala and denying anything is less than perfect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Yeah have a hard time believing that the so called experts in most cases are clueless.
IDC reports what they people that they surveyed tell them. As for how it shakes out, only time will tell, but I see no indication that the Windows platform will make up for its very late and decidedly incomplete start in the palmtop game.

Nokia and Palm got marginalized because their smart phones weren't smart enough but that doesn't seem like somthing that is going to happen in the Android and iOS communities.

IDC reports what they people that they surveyed tell them. As for how it shakes out, only time will tell, but I see no indication that the Windows platform will make up for its very late and decidedly incomplete start in the palmtop game.

Nokia and Palm got marginalized because their smart phones weren't smart enough but that doesn't seem like somthing that is going to happen in the Android and iOS communities.

I think Nokia will keep going up due to one they make some of the best hardware out there and Windows will continue to grow and HTC is still making more devices as well for WP and Android. Samsung has kind of left WP out to dry they are slowly becoming the new Apple they are using Google and using the Galaxy as their main device plus the Note to compete more with the I-pad's so froth. But Samsung really pushing their main device the Galaxy 3 then 4,5 so forth. Now Nokia and Apple are going to stop getting anything from Samsung and HTC,Nokia will continue to try to get as many WP devices out there to compete with Samsung on the hardware end which will help the Windows Platform as well. So right now allot of the hardware manufactures are starting to see who going to do what and in the end the biggest looser on the mobile side on this could be Samsung if they are not careful.

Get back to me when Windows Phone / Nokia gets as much accomplished in one year as Samsung does. It shouldn't be difficult, Nokia is a much more focused company.

Poke, they (MS and Nokia) are getting out innovated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Here what I see and could be totally wrong but just my thoughts is all right now I think they will be fine that is MS, Nokia, HTC ect. But I agree with Gates they got off to a slow start which makes you think there might be some changes in house due to its which some of their head guys I think have moved on. But I think people tend to forget Nokia not the new player here in mobile hardware they been doing it for a long time. Yes what hurt them was when smart phones came on the scene they tried their own OS and it stunk. So now that they team up with MS and to me they chose one of the best hardware manufactures out there for mobile devices they are starting to get back into the new game. So MS did good going with Nokia and I really like what HTC has made the last year or two they came up with some nice looking device for MS and Android as well.

It's easy to see that both MS, Nokia, and even HTC to me have been more innovated than Samsung due to now Samsung has showed their hand on how they are going to do things. Samsung is the new Apple they will stay with their hardware and remake the same thing and just call it the S4,S5,S6 so forth it's really funny because the same ads that they make fun of Apple in how folks have to wait to get that feature on the I-Phone 5s or I-Phone 6 or 7 so forth. Now Samsung doing the same thing now with their Galaxy Series devices as what Apple does which is fine but nothing new.

Instead of coming out with many different types of devices that gives users who do not want too big of a screen or really a mid range device but just different options to choose from which Nokia and HTC do. What Samsung doing now is taking a play from Apple and they just milk the same thing over and over so forth. Hey guess what it's the Galaxy S4 with this new feature everyone been wanting. What's that oh sorry we will add that feature with the S5 next year but like I said this was their ad against Apple but now they are doing the same thing.

What would be real funny is now Apple needs to run the same ad with Samsung users in lines to get the S4 with them saying hey the S4 can do this now and we get this feature so forth. Have the Apple people walk by and say oh we can do that already with the I-Phone 5s or 6 whichever is their latest device etc. So either way I think Samsung makes good stuff but to me they get some of their ideas from others in the industry that have done really anything different . But now look like they have started up the propaganda machine like some others due to where some have chosen not too.

So in the end to me this should do nothing but help MS, Nokia, HTC and Apple as well Samsung doing this I think they might have light the fire on some bridges that at some point they might want to go back and put out. This could hurt them in the near future more than help so I really think the others will benefit from this once more see the light.

Overall I like Samsung so don't get me wrong not saying their stuff not any good or any of that but I get a kick at how they are doing things now. I would say at this point it's not Apple that has the pie on their face to me its kind like Apple has thrown the Apple Pie back at Samsung. Anyway sorry for the novel here just my 2 cents in what I see going on at the end of the day it will either work for them or cost them. I think all of these guys that are making some of this decision need to listen to some of us Satellite Guys. ?

Poke:

Do you ever wonder why you're referred to as a phanboi?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Yes I like MS but think all the other platforms do good things as well so I might like one over the other but does not mean I don't like them or not to say that or that I would not use them. But I also look at things at how well they work in the real world as well and they don't always work the way they might try to get people to think. Heck I'm really considering on getting maybe my first Android device due to my carrier has not gotten really what I want so like anyone else I look at other options. :)

If hardware were the issue, Nokia might have a voice (and they might not if their hardware isn't as top notch as you suggest). The issue is software and Nokia doesn't have the right kind.

That Apple sells more phones than Samsung or Nokia makes the issue pretty clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts