Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

Android apps on Windows 8 get the green light with BlueStacks

This is kind of cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy 64GB Surface Pro, end up with 23GB free space. Very inefficient use of storage.

The Surface Pro that I was playing around with at Best Buy last night only had 12GB of free space. I looked and it only had around 300MB of applications that could be uninstalled to free up some space.

I actually was pretty impressed with the Surface Pro but seeing I would have purchased the 128GB model and the keyboard cover it would have been around $1120. Pretty expensive for a tablet. I then saw the Dell XPS 12 and was more impressed with it over the Surface Pro. Having he benefit of a tablet and a laptop all in one was pretty appealing.

The Surface Pro that I was playing around with at Best Buy last night only had 12GB of free space. I looked and it only had around 300MB of applications that could be uninstalled to free up some space.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're trying to sell in the Surface Pro commercials. Apparently if you buy one your office will be magically transformed into break-dancing hipsters that don't actually do any work.

I actually was pretty impressed with the Surface Pro but seeing I would have purchased the 128GB model and the keyboard cover it would have been around $1120. Pretty expensive for a tablet. I then saw the Dell XPS 12 and was more impressed with it over the Surface Pro. Having he benefit of a tablet and a laptop all in one was pretty appealing.

It's nice hardware, they just keep making all sorts of stupid stuff like leave no significant space for users on the entry level model.

At $1120 there are a lot of nice options out there.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're trying to sell in the Surface Pro commercials. Apparently if you buy one your office will be magically transformed into break-dancing hipsters that don't actually do any work.

I think must be a devinchi type code that you must be younger than 25 to understand.

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

I finally received my test Surface Pro at work today and so far I am pretty impressed with the speed. I can't believe how fast the thing boots and shuts down. The Surface boots faster than my i7 desktop with a SSD installed. The device itself seems pretty clunky but overall I am happy with it so far.

I finally received my test Surface Pro at work today and so far I am pretty impressed with the speed. I can't believe how fast the thing boots and shuts down. The Surface boots faster than my i7 desktop with a SSD installed. The device itself seems pretty clunky but overall I am happy with it so far.

Yeah the Pro is a little thicker than the RT Version but overall it seems to be a great device. There are plenty of others to choose from as well for home use or work the Samsung Ativ Smart PC are nice and thin as well. I used those before and ASUS has some new tablets out as well ASUS Vivo Tab & Asus Vivo Tab Smart. Dell, HP, Acer has some new tablets as well but have not had the chance to try those out yet.. But right now I'm looking at the Surface Pro or maybe the Samsung but the ASUS not too bad either but I will have to try one of the ASUS out first. Either way one of those 3 I plan on getting the wife to use. But congrats on getting the Surface heck might have to see if I can get one for work.. :)

Asus Vivo Tab Smart
http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_VivoTab_Smart/

ASUS Vivo Tab
http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile/ASUS_VivoTab/

Samsung Ativ Smart PC
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/tablet-pcs/XE700T1C-A01US

Perhaps a really nice tablet could serve as a desktop being able to hookup to a monitor/TV, the new ultra portable computer replacing the laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

This Panasonic device at 20 inches is not a tablet. It's too big to be used as one.

Calling it an all-in-one doesn't have the marketing appeal of tablet though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

This Panasonic device at 20 inches is not a tablet. It's too big to be used as one.

Calling it an all-in-one doesn't have the marketing appeal of tablet though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Id think it depends on the specs, key for me in that distinction is self contained power, and without a stand is debate between a tablet and a tabletop, lol.

Sent from my VZW Note 2 via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts