Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

I was wondering when someone was going to release something like this. It does not seem as thin as tablets such as the transformer though and perhaps not as light weight either.

I wonder what the thickness of this is compared to other tablets on the market, including the keyboard. I assume that the keys do not function while it is folded underneath.

Samsung Ativ Tab hands-on

Man Samsung got some nice stuff coming out in the next couple of months..

Last edited by a moderator:
The keyboard and trackpad look like exact duplicates to Apple's hardware! HP is a joke.....

I think it looks pretty slick, although I dont like that they left out touch screen capability.

One big difference seems to be HP using an "active" base. The isn't a very good picture that shows how thick the base is that houses the CPU, SDD, memory, etc., but it's big enough to house the Beats Audio speaker.

I have a question: isn't Spectre a hardware manufacturer? I know we had Spectre LCD screens 5 or 6 years ago. Did HP buy them, or did they go under?

Has anyone seen or used the Vizio all-in-one?

Edit: The LCD manufacturer is Sceptre, not Spectre. Spectre is Blofel's organization from the Bond films and books.

Last edited:
If they can do it for hundreds less, why not?

It seems a shame that they took out touch screen capability.

You must not have read the article! It said that it will start at $1300, that's $100 more than an entry level iMac. Might be a tough sell, but of course, the whole Windows PC market is a tough sell if you like to make lots of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts