Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

I jsut bought a Win 7 family pack for $97.00 for 3 pcs. I ran the beta of Win 8 and don't see any reason to change since 2 of my pcs are HTPCs still running XP flawlessly, and it still isn't clear if 8 pro will have Media Center available at no extra cost. Tired of Microsoft's upgrade crap where all they do is change some fluff and overcharge for it. Win 7 under the hood for the most part was still XP with some window dressing. The only real improvement I've seen over XP is a little in networking and a nice upgrade in the disc manager. I see nothing in 8 that is an improvement over either 7 or XP.

Lenovo is pure junk just like HP.

I know HP is not very good, but I used to swear by IBM stuff, but never have had one of the Lenovo branded products. Good to know to steer clear.

Like all brands it depends what you buy. I would not touch any of the Lenovo consumer-oriented junk, but have had good luck with the ThinkCentre and ThinkStation lines.

Re: Lenovo is building a $300 Windows RT tablet and $600 full Windows 8 tablet

Thinkpad lines are still solid, but I wish they'd move away from the plastic.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Ok ThinkPads is what I always bought I have an old one now that is about shot. Just haven't bought a new one, been using the desk top or tablet mostly. If I need one my wife has a less than a year old Dell.

Anyone know with the download copy if I would be able to burn it to DVD and run it like a regular windows install CD ? I have a DVD-RW burner but never got past burning CD-R's. $40 is to good of a deal to pass up but my PC is substantially old (five years old) and probably wouldn't want to upgrade it to Windows 8. Now upgrading it to Windows 7 I'm thinking about doing that but debating if I should pick up the full version of Windows 7 Pro (for both 32 and 64 bit system) so when I upgrade my PC in the future I'm good to go on for the OS. Yes I still use Vista but I have very little problems with it.

Anyone know with the download copy if I would be able to burn it to DVD and run it like a regular windows install CD ? I have a DVD-RW burner but never got past burning CD-R's. $40 is to good of a deal to pass up but my PC is substantially old (five years old) and probably wouldn't want to upgrade it to Windows 8. Now upgrading it to Windows 7 I'm thinking about doing that but debating if I should pick up the full version of Windows 7 Pro (for both 32 and 64 bit system) so when I upgrade my PC in the future I'm good to go on for the OS. Yes I still use Vista but I have very little problems with it.

They usually have an iso file to download that will burn to a DVD (they did with the beta). You just need software to burn it and there are some free ones available.

I am definitely going to buy a few copies of the upgrade. I will try it out on a machine or 2, but probably hold off installing everywhere, but I want the discount price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)