Windows Anytime Upgrade

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I have Vista Business on my home machine now, but want to upgrade to Ultimate.

I will use the Windows Anytime Upgrade. Will I get mailed out a DVD of Vista Ultimate?

Say I have to reinstall Windows later on. Can I just use the disc that is mailed to me assuming I get one?

Nope they don't send you anything. You need to use the Anytime Upgrade CD that came with your computer to upgrade. If you crash you run the anytime upgrade again and enter in your email and password to your microsoft account and it moves you to the correct version.

There is not really anything worth upgrading to from the Business Version to Ultimate which will make the cost worth wild. Save your money.

I built my own PC, so I wouldn't have a recovery disc or anything.

The only reason I was looking into Ultimate is for the Media Center options, as I may be turning my PC into our bedroom TV here in a few months.

Nope they don't send you anything.

Actually now they are sending a disk because they've built Service Pack 1 into it as a requirement. I just ordered the other day.

When the disk comes you need to have already installed Service Pack 1 installed on the machine to be upgraded or you will be forced to do a new install rather than an upgrade which is utterly stupid. Why can't they just install SP1 as part of the upgrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts